Latveria, officially Kingdom of Latveria is a small eastern European country within Europe. It's capital and largest city is Doomstadt. It is ruled by it's president for life Dr. Victor von Doom aka Doctor Doom.
- Symkaria localization seems to have retconned over the years:
- One account states it is bordered by Serbia/Montenegro (at west), Romania (at north and east), Transylvania (at south-east) and Symkaria (at south-west).
- Another one present it landlocked by Hungary as west and north-west, Transylvania at east and Serbia on south.
- Yep another map seems to engulf Transia and Transylvania among Romania, while the region around the Serbian border correspond to Puternicstan, a contested land near the Symkaria and Latveria borders, disputed by the two countries.
Doom's personal patents in the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots. Doom is known to export patents of his robots to other countries in favour of the public treasury of his country, however these patents are generally outdated by Doom's standards and the latest designs are kept for himself and the Latverian Army. Furthermore, many (if not all) of Doom's robots feature a self-destruct device, so that Doom can personally destroy them should they be used against him. Doom's personal patents in the branch of physics and technology concerned with the design of circuits using transistors and microchips, and with the behavior and movement of electrons in a semiconductor, conductor, vacuum, or gas.
- We live - and die - for the Baron.
- --Elite Doom Guards
The Latverian Army numbering 2000 men and approximately 500 Servo-Guard robots. It is comprised of both the Latverian Ground Forces and Latverian Airforce. Doctor Doom serves as the Commander-in-Chief of the Latverian Armed Forces. The Latverian Armed Forces are trained to be absolutely loyal and efficient. With the military dogma being victory or death, but never defeat.The human soldiers of the Latverian Armed Forces remain brave when defending Latveria, however they have been reported to become cowardly when fighting superhuman threats, unless Doctor Doom himself is present on the battlefield.
- Elite Doom Guards
- Doom’s Personal Guard: Formed of at least 1000 Warrior Robots and 50 Latverian humans (as an alleged propaganda tool, to show Doom values humans too).
- Doom Squad: Formed by Doctor Doom from four of the best human soldiers in the Latverian Armed Forces. They were provided with high-tech battle-suits, designed by Doom himself; “To defeat the Fantastic Four”.
Latveria lacks an official standing navy, due to being a land-locked-country.
Politic and international relations
- National Motto: "We master all that lies before".
For centuries the nation had been ruled by the Fortunov family as an absolute monarchy. The later adopted a constitutional monarchy with the Prime minister being no more then a puppet to the king. This however came to an end when Doctor Doom took over his native land. Internationally Doctor Doom's rule and regime is recognized as a Dictatorship, this is due to the combined factors of Doom's rule with total power over the country and his obtainment of power by force. In practice and by his own admission, Doom's rule is that of an Absolute Monarch, or as Doom prefers to call it an "Enforced Monarchy".
The day chosen by Doom as the anniversary of Latveria's founding was his mother's birthday.
They are now a member of the United Nations. This allowed them to have political envoys across the globe such as the Latverian Embassy in the United States of America.
Education in Latveria, seems to be provided for by the government (in this case Doom), based on Doom’s mention of education being universal in Doomwar when showing Earth under his control to the Panther Goddess (Bast); thus one can assume that if Doom provides universal education when he rules the world, then he would provide it in Latveria. However, the education is most likely controlled by Doom, and thus various subjects and taught concepts are most likely censored. However given Doom's substantial intellect and appreciation for the arts it's likely science, mathematics, technology, history and art are core subjects. It's a requirement to graduate from high school regardless of the discipline to memorize the body schematics and the code required to produce core Doombot engrams, for which, essentially, every Latverian high school graduate should be able to know how to build a Doombot.
Due to technological advancements far beyond anything in any other nation Latveria has managed to remain unfoulled by industrial pollutants. Because of Doom's many weapons and his mere presence in Latveria the country is considered a world superpower. See Doctor Doom's robots.
Points of Interest
- Boars' Vale
- Castle von Doom (Castle Doom): Located within Doomstadt, the castle was constructed in 1588 by King Stefan I and Count Sabbat. It serves as Doom’s royal and official residence.
- Doom Falls
- Folding City: An experiment in space/time began by Doctor Doom that left the entire complex phased outside normal perception and interaction.
- Werner Academy: It is named in honour of Doctor Doom's father Werner von Doom.
- Kron Victory Sward: Located within Doomstadt.
- Cynthia von Doom Memorial Park: Located within Doomstadt. It is named in honour of Doctor Doom's mother Cynthia von Doom.
- Doomstadt Rathauz: Located within Doomstadt.
- Doomstadt Rail Station: Located within Doomstadt.
- Latverian Academy of the Sciences: Located within Doomstadt.
- Monument Park: Located within Doomstadt.
- St. Peter Church: Located within Doomstadt.
- St. Blaise Church: Located within Doomstadt.
- Heroic Andrew Boulevard: Located within Doomstadt.
- Old Town of Doomstadt: Located within Doomstadt and being overlooked by Castle von Doom (Castle Doom).
- Slokovia: A neighboring nation, which was divided by religious strife when it’s people began to worship the Asgardian Thunder God Thor; when the country's rulers were overthrown, Doom expanded Latveria’s borders by quietly annexing the country.
- Latverian Southern Border: The Latverian border to the Kingdom of Symkaria, it is located alongside the Draken River.
- Doomsport Airport: The only airport for the country, Doomsport lies on the southern outskirts of Doomstadt. It maintains two runways and a modern terminal, but flights into and out of Doomsport are quite limited.
- Doomstadt: Capital city and seat of the Kingdom of Dr. Victor von Doom, located just north of the Kline River.
- Doomsburg: 
- Doomsdale: 
- Doomsvale: 
- Doomton: 
- Doomwood: 
- Mount Sorcista: The demon sorceress Pandemonia lives on Mount Sorcista.
- Mount Victorum: 
- Viscayin Mountains:
- Carpathian Mountains: The Carpathian mountain system surrounds Latveria.
- Doomwood Forest: 
Lakes and Rivers
- Draken River: The Latverian border to the Kingdom of Symkaria.
- Klyne River: Located just south of Doomstadt.
- Doom Lake: Located within Doomstadt, to the left of Castle von Doom (Castle Doom).
Dr. Victor Van Damme returned to Latveria, and in six months turned the country around. Latveria went from being a Third World nation to the ninth-richest country in the world. While seemingly happy, the citizens of Latveria are bearers of Doom's Dragon tattoos. He was revered by its citizens, who referred to him as "the good doctor".
An ancient castle located within Latveria, was where Victor von Doom was raised as royalty in it's ruins. After a Mutant uprising, Latveria was turned into a processing facility. All unworthy, criminal or threatening mutants in Europe are sent there and turned into a primordial genetic soup to be used for scientific experiments. Due to its lucrative genetic production, Latveria is afforded some autonomy by both Weapon Omega's empire in the west and Omega Red's empire in the east who both desire its gene-pools. It eventually came under the control of Emma Frost. Victor von Doom brokered a deal with her to allow the human Latverian population to survive in camps instead of being exterminated.
Latveria is ruled by Count Otto von Doom, to whom imprisoned the Four from the Fantastick within Castle Doom. Resultantly, the castle was attacked by a collection of heroes who tried to free the Four from the Fantastick.
Various power struggles over the fate of Latveria, end with most of the country destroyed by nanites.
Latveria has been devastated, with Castle Doomstadt being besieged by Zombified Super-Heroes (despite being defended by a magical force-field), as it is the last remaining location on Earth-2149 (Zombiverse) which has any uninfected Humans. Unfortunately, several hordes of Zombified Super-Heroes break through the magical force-field protecting the castle, thus the castle is ransacked by the Zombies and infect the available Humans (thankfully the Latverian civilians are teleported safely into a different dimension by Doctor Doom).
Castle Doom (within Latveria), formally served as the residence of Victor von Doom (until his death), and then served as the residence of Reed Richards (who had taken to wearing a Dr. Doom's armor and living in Doom's old castle). Following the construction of the "Human Torches", Reed Richards resumed residence at Castle Doom with Benjamin Grimm (Thing) and his family (Alicia Masters-Grimm/Buzz Grimm/Chuck Grimm) as well as Adam Warlock (Him) and Ayesha (Her).
On Earth-93726, happening in the year 2099, Latveria is called the Kingdom of Latvania and was described as the lost kingdom of Ducktor Doom. Spider-Ham believed that Ducktor Doom was on a quest to recover control over Latvania, but this was later proven false - Doom was not that ambitious.
Though not shown in the first film, it was mentioned when Doom's company investors suggested him to go back to his home country of Latveria. Also, the inscription on the glass case containing the iconic mask says that it was a presentation from the citizens of Latveria for Doom's services. It shown in the second film, as it was where Doom had been transported to after his defeat in the first film.
- "Doomesque" is part of the Latverian lingo. It's essentially the equivlanet of the colloquial use of "cool."
- "May Doom's terrifying face inspire you to devotedly implement his policies until you die" is the legally mandated way Latverians say goodbye.
- In an effort to discedit foreign linguistics, Latverian media claimed that "goodbye" was an acronym that stood for "Gall, Outrage and Oppose Doom Because You'reall Extremelybadpeople."
- Souvenirs from foreign nations are banned in Latveria.
- Appearances of Latveria
- Minor Appearances of Latveria
- Media Latveria was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Latveria
- Images related to Latveria
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Latveria
Links and References
- Latveria at Wikipedia
- ↑ Earth-58163 (House of M)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Marvel Atlas #1; Latveria's entry
- ↑ Secret Avengers #19
- ↑ X-Men Vol 3 #21
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 X-Men Vol 3 #20
- ↑ X-Men Vol 3 #21's recap
- ↑ U.S.Avengers #4
- ↑ All-New, All-Different Avengers #15
- ↑ Marvel VS. System (Card Game).
- ↑ Marvel VS. System (Card Game).
- ↑ Fantastic Four Annual Vol 5 #1
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 2 #23
- ↑ Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol 1 30
- ↑ I'll Be Doom For Christmas in What The--?! #11
- ↑ Secret Wars III in What The--?! #1
- ↑ "World Tour 1992 in What The--?! #17
- ↑ What The--?! #20
- ↑ What The--?! #26