Lake Baikal lies in Southern Siberia in Russia between Irkutsk Oblast to the northwest and Buryatia to the southeast near the city of Irkutsk. The origin of the name Baikal comes from Baigal or Байгал which is translated from the Mongolian language as "nature."
Lake Baikal is the deepest, oldest, and most voluminous freshwater lake in the world. It contains over one fifth of the world's liquid fresh surface water and more than 90% of Russia's liquid fresh surface water.
Points of Interest
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Lake Baikal
- Media Lake Baikal was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Lake Baikal
- Images related to Lake Baikal
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Lake Baikal