A series of spherical units located next to the galactic barrier known as the Crunch, maintained by interstellar races and various degrees of mechanical automation (flying robots, nanotechnology, etc ...). Its primary architect is unknown.
It has historically served two primary purposes:
- Power generation & distribution to neighbouring worlds. Presumably, the Kyln draws energy from the interaction of matter and anti-matter along the border of the Crunch.
- An inescapable, intergalactic prison known to hold very powerful prisoners inside. The scope and level of containment is unknown, but it has demonstrated the capability of holding thousands of very dangerous biological entities and cosmic Elder Gods. Prisoners are exclusively recipients of the Death Penalty, since in most cases inmates survive there less than 3 years.
Added to this was a third use: that of a religious pilgrimage site. Beings from around the universe would come to the Kyln to witness the grandeur of the Crunch, and contemplate their place in the universe. The facility was administered by the Omega Core.
On Earth-199999, the Kyln was a prison run by the Nova Corps. After a brief skirmish on Xandar, Peter Quill, Gamora, Rocket, and Groot were arrested by the Nova Corps and imprisoned within the Kyln. While inside they met Drax, who attempted to kill Gamora before learning of their mutual hatred of Ronan the Accuser. Quill, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot staged a breakout and escaped from the Kyln.
Individuals imprisoned in the Kyln included:
- Cole and Swad (Omega Core guards)
The Kyln has occasionally been misspelled as The Klyn.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Kyln
- Minor Appearances of Kyln
- Media Kyln was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Kyln
- Images related to Kyln
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Kyln
Links and References