Nightcrawler was first seen attempting to escape Castle Doom in Latveria, using wall-mounted swords to fight off doombots. However, he failed to escape when a booby trapped door rendered him unconscious. When the heroes of earth, all united to combat the Masters of Evil led by Doom, learn of his capture, they use the Orb of Teleportation in the Sanctum Sanctorum to travel to Latveria, but are unaware that the orb was rigged by Baron Mordo to send them to Arcade's Murderworld. There, they come into conflict with Jean Grey, who had been consumed by the Phoenix and used as a puppet for the Masters of Evil until her consciousness is brought back. When Arcade is defeated and interrogated, he reveals that Doctor Doom captured Nightcrawler and used the Mutant Amplifier on him so he could teleport to Mephisto's realm and make a deal with said demon.
The heroes travel to Mephisto's realm and fight the many hordes of hell until the demon Blackheart, who had just kidnapped Jean Grey puts the heroes to the ultimate test - which hero will they save, and which will be killed? Both heroes selflessly insist on the player choosing the other. Either decision leads to a similar outcome at the end of the stage. The heroes fight Mephisto who has brought back the soul of the dead hero (Jean or Nightcrawler) and twisted their mind to serve only him, but their heroism wins over the evil brainwashing and they finally defeat Mephisto, ultimately dying in the process.
The decision leads to one of two future alternatives that leave scars on the universe. If Jean Grey is sacrificed, Uatu the Watcher says that her spirit would eventually return in the form of the Phoenix and take her revenge on those who let her die. Sacrificing Nightcrawler forces a distraught Mystique to sneak into the X-Mansion and take revenge for her son's death on Charles Xavier. Xavier's death causes the X-Men to permanently disband.
1. Acrobatic Kick - Type: Melee Description: Nightcrawler teleports forward and delivers an acrobatic kick combo to his enemies with a chance to stun them for a brief time
2. Sword Mastery - Type: Melee Description: Nightcrawler wields his two swords with ninja mastery
3. Bamf Flurry - Type: Special Description: Nightcrawler teleports to multiple nearby enemies and does one attack against each enemy
4. Sword Whirlwind - Type: Melee Description: Nightcrawler does an acrobatic wide radius attack by slashing out with his swords while spinning on his legs and tail
5. Bamfing Blitz - Type: Special Description: Nightcrawler teleports around a singular enemy multiple times unleashing kicks and punches
6. Shadow Crawl - Type: Special Description: Nightcralwer hides in the shadows becoming invisible to most enemies and has critical hit chance increased
7. Sword Combat - Type: Boost Description: Nightcrawler wields his swords with devastating effectiveness
8. Bamf Unleashed - Type: Xtreme Description: Nightcrawler teleports around multiple enemies unleashing multiple attacks culminating in a blast attack
Nightcrawler is a mutant who can teleport by opening a portal into another dimension, traveling through it via an unconscious direction-finding sense, and returning to his own dimension. He is also an Olympic-class acrobat thanks to his flexible spine that allows him to perform contortionist-like feats and to go long periods in a semi-crouching position without injury. He is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and a master at fencing, which he can even perform with his tail, which is strong enough to support his entire body weight.
In the destiny cinematic that comes from Nightcrawler's death, he is oddly seen at the funeral of Charles Xavier, even though it had already been explicitly stated that his death would cause the murder of Professor X and the disbanding of the X-Men.
- 1 Appearances of Kurt Wagner (Earth-6109)
- Media Kurt Wagner (Earth-6109) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Kurt Wagner (Earth-6109)
- Quotations by or about Kurt Wagner (Earth-6109)
- Character Gallery: Kurt Wagner (Earth-6109)
- Characters killed by Nightcrawler
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|