The Kree are a blue-skinned humanoid race of extraterrestrial beings that hail from the planet Hala, in the Pama System located in the large Large Magellanic Cloud. They are technologically advanced and extremely militaristic, conquering every world in their galaxy; forming the Kree Empire.
Over six million years ago, the Xorrians allegedly spawned the Kree, along with all humanoid life-forms, such as Skrulls and Humans, from their own DNA. The ancient Kree resided on Hala, a planet in the Greater Magellanic Cloud, which they shared with another sentient race, the plant-like Cotati.
At an unspecified point in time, two distinct groups of giant godlike aliens experimented on the early Kree:
- The Progenitors experimented on prehistoric Kree, engineering them by using the Primagen (or Prima Materia) Their attempt at turning them into new beings, resulted in the very first race of Inhumans.
- The Celestials experimented on ancient Kree, creating the Kree Eternals and the Kree Deviants.
In the Kree Year Zero, about a million years ago, the Kree had their first encounter with the Skrulls. The meeting went disastrously and a long, bitter war ignited between the two races. The Kree eventually spread throughout the galaxy, establishing a vast empire. Interbreeding with various other races led to the creation of a second race of Kree with pink skin. The Pink Kree would eventually come to outnumber the Blue Kree.
Outwardly the Kree resemble humans, with little exception through skin color or modified genetics. Denser skin with increase muscles flexibility gives the Kree endurance, durability, and stamina-- twice the level of humans. They also have "duplicates" of several internal organs, and usually require more nitrogen to breathe comfortably on earth.
Evolution and Mutation
The Kree were an evolutionary stagnant race. This was due to a single member of the Kree race attempting to gain control of the Crystal of Ultimate Vision. This unnamed Kree found the crystal, but attempted to use it to become akin to a god, with powers as of those of the Phoenix Force. As punishment, the crystal "genetically froze their evolution in place" allowing the rest of creation to pass them by.
Although, it was stated that the Kree produced super humanoid beings through natural mutation.
The explosion of the first Nega-Bomb in the Kree Empire had the survivors' genetic structures to quickly mutate and adapt to the radiation, allowing the Kree to escape their evolutionary dead end by changing their DNA and allegedly granting them unlimited potential.
Somehow, a group of pink-skinned Kree managed to produce a mutant Kree, Tsu-Zana, in order to overthrow the domination of both Shi'ar and blue-skinned Kree, as the savior. She rejected that destiny and is still residing on Earth under the codename Ultra-Girl.
Humans and Eternals
Diseases and Genetic Conditions
They are maybe also afflicted by cancer, whom they call blackend.
The Blue-skinned Kree represent the archetype and the base of the Kree species.
In an attempt to further their development, some Kree bred with other species, producing the "pink-skinned" Kree, who are similar in appearance to Caucasian humans. These pinks (also called "whites") eventually outnumbered the blue-skin Kree.
The Supreme Intelligence arranged for further advancement of the Kree. Through a series of events, he arranged for a large number of his people to be irradiated with a Nega-Bomb (killing 90% of the Kree), and then artificially sped up their evolution by means of an artifact called the Forever Crystal, affecting countless millennia of evolution in mere moments.
This new brand of evolved Kree, called Ruul, have a grayish skin tone and many shoulder-length tentacles atop their heads. Individuals possessed the power of "forced evolution", the ability to "will" adaptation to different environments, spontaneously developing the ability to breathe underwater, fly, or whatever their circumstances require.
Eternals and Deviants
The Celestials have at some point, as many others species visited and modified the ancient Kree genetics. The last and only known Kree Eternal is Ard-Con, alias Ultimus the Demon-Druid. The fate of the Kree Deviants is unknown.
Please find the alternate realities Kree on this page.
Powers and Abilities
Superhuman Strength: A Kree warrior has twice the strength of a human of a similar age, height, and build.
Superhuman Durability: The Kree are very durable, while not bulletproof they are still fully capable of shrugging off hits from beings as powerful as Captain America effortlessly and are presumed to be capable of surviving much stronger hits.
Superhuman Endurance: A Kree warrior has twice the endurance of a human with similar training.
Superhuman Stamina: A Kree warrior has twice the stamina of a human with similar training.
"Seventh Sense:" Kree women possess the potential for psychic abilities of various kinds, collectively referred to as a "seventh sense". This psychic potential has manifested as clairvoyance, precognition, or even lethal attributes. Some Kree women can reach into the mind of male-sex species to manipulate their desires or drain another's life force completely. Kree technology has since been created to discover and remove the powers surgically, and technorganic Bloodhounds were used to track down female reaching the adult age with those abilities.
Average Strength level
Their denser bodies afford them about twice the average human being’s strength and endurance.
Habitat: Kree-Lar, Turunal system, Large Magellanic Cloud
Population: 30 billion (prior to Nega-Bomb detonation); currently 300 million.
Type of Government: Military-Technocratic Dictatorship Empire.
Level of Technology: Advanced: Advanced warp-drive starships, robots, cyborg, and cybernetic technology, genetic engineering, psionic technology, energy weaponry, and battlesuits.
Cultural Traits: Please consult the Kree Empire page.
Representatives: Supreme Intelligence, Ronan the Accuser, Captain Marvel, List of known Kree
- Despite the existence of both Kree Eternals and Kree Deviants created by the Celestials, and the similar experiments which were performed on the Kree as those performed on the Skrulls, humans, and Eyungs, the Kree themselves have not been explicitly stated to be granted a latent potential like other species.
- Kree soldiers appeared during Avengers Disassembled when they attacked the Earth and were driven off by the Avengers. In the process, Hawkeye was killed. But this may not have been the real Kree, as the entire incident was later discovered to be a product of the Scarlet Witch's reality-altering powers.
- Discuss Kree on the forums
- 357 representatives of Kree
- Appearances of Kree
- Minor Appearances of Kree
- Media Kree was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Kree
- Images of Kree
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 12
- ↑ Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Avengers #133
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Royals #7-8
- ↑ Thor #215
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Royals #9
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Royals #5
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #6
- ↑ Avengers #133-134
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Captain Marvel #38
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men Annual #1987
- ↑ Marvel Fact Files #6
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men Annual #11
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition #32
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Avengers #347
- ↑ Ultragirl #2
- ↑ X-Men Vol 4 #19
- ↑ Young Avengers #10-12
- ↑ Untold Legend of Captain Marvel #1
- ↑ Marvel Graphic Novel #1
- ↑ Ruins #1
- ↑ Captain Marvel #16
- ↑ Avengers Forever #12
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Avengers Vol 3 #35
- ↑ Maximum Security #1-3
- ↑ Captain Marvel Vol 4 #12-13
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #2; Celestials's entry