|Real Name||Kevin Sidney|
|Aliases||Captain Misguided Declaration of Heroism|
|Relatives||Mrs. Sydney (mother, deceased), Edward Sydney (father, deceased)|
|Affiliation||Exiles; formerly Avengers, X-Men, New Mutants (leader)|
|Base Of Operations||Mobile|
|Occupation||Hero, Adventurer, reality traveler|
|Education||Masters Degree in Computer Engineering|
|Unusual Features||No pupils, No apparent nose|
|Creators||Judd Winick, Mike McKone|
Kevin Sidney was born a fully activated mutant.
Hardly ever serious, Morph attempts to liven up otherwise tense situations with mindless banter, a defence mechanism he created to cope with the loss of his mother from lung cancer at a young age (leaving him with a hatred of cigarettes), and the hardships he faced while living with his father. He learned early on that his natural, bleached white and noseless appearance was not welcomed among his peers. Rather than be persecuted, he learned to stay in a human form for long periods of time. Once he became an X-Man, he decided that he no longer needed to do this.
Morph is a hero from a parallel world who was a member of not only the X-Men, but also the Avengers. Unique son of loving parents, in his universe Morph, a shapeshifter, managed early on to use his powers, and so giving everyone what they wanted from him. A fairly good baseball player, a friend, a good student. Morph always used his power to keep everyone at ease with him, being at ease with someone as himself only with his parents. When his mother passed on, Morph tried in every way to cheer up his emotional distraught father, who, unable to let his suffering go, chose to enroll his son in a boarding school, that luckily happened to be the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. Able to cheer up his fellow friends, the X-Men, he became their field leader, and soon became the most loved Avenger of his universe. Then the mysterious Timebroker appeared to him, explaining to him that he had become unhinged from time as a chain of events had caused his realities as he knew it to change. In that new reality a wounded Morph has become unable to maintain his form, and slipped into a coma, being only a white muddy substance in Beast's lab. Hoping to save his own future, he became a member and the comic relief of the Exiles, a group of universe-hopping heroes trying to save realities from ripples and alteration. He soon befriended his teammate Sunfire, and although he was interested in a romantic relationship, accepting the lesbian nature of his friend. He always took care of her, and her death left him emotionally wrecked.
Morph helped the team take down Proteus by impersonating the Maestro and weakening Proteus with a steel strip in his head. Morph went to take down Proteus but Proteus knocked the steel plate out of his head and took over Morph's body. He roamed around the multiverse possessed by Proteus. Proteus was then brainwashed with technology from another reality to believe that he is Morph. Due to the adaptive nature of Morph's body, the presence of Proteus does not burn out his metabolism. Morph's original identity and personality was believed to be dead at this point.
Recently, the true Morph returned and gave Proteus the chance for them to work together, and Proteus accepted. However, Proteus was absorbed by the Crystal Palace in Morph's place. Later, Morph served in the role of Timebroker for a new team of Exiles.
|Power Grid |
|* Capable of increasing his own strength|
Morph is a Mutant.
Malleability: He is composed of unstable molecules, which gives him the ability to shapeshift. His powers seem only limited by his great imagination and sense of humor. He can transform body parts and is a natural mimic of voices and sounds. He can change the chemical composition of his body into a gas or liquid. He is able to fly: in the past he has formed wings and thrusters, however in at least one instance he has shown the ability to fly through sheer force of will. He can also change his color, stretch, contract, extort, compress, and expand his body.
- High Resistance: Due to Morph's genetic make-up he is extremely durable and resistant to physical damage. He is much more susceptible to energy based attacks.
- Amorphous Recovery: The flexible molecules that comprise Morph's body are able to split and fuse back together, allowing him to survive injuries such as dismemberment. However, this process takes time and becomes more arduous when Morph is recovering from a burn wound or damage imposed by radiation.
- Scentless: The substance that makes up his physical composition is odorless and emits no scent, making it impossible to track him.
- Morph had a crush on his teammate Sunfire.
- Morph is the only consistent member of the Exiles throughout the entire run, if one accepts that Proteus in Morph's body forced to think and act like Morph still counts.
- 109 Appearances of Kevin Sidney (Earth-1081)
- Media Kevin Sidney (Earth-1081) was Mentioned in
- 117 Images featuring Kevin Sidney (Earth-1081)
- 19 Quotations by or about Kevin Sidney (Earth-1081)
- Character Gallery: Kevin Sidney (Earth-1081)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Kevin Sidney (Earth-1081)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|