The son of hardline African-American cop Jonathan Peyton "Black Jack" Cole and a Jewish mother Ruth Cole, Kevin Cole was nicknamed Kasper by his peers on the police force because of his light skin tone. As a teenager, he saw his father supposedly framed for drug offenses. Kasper once believed this was because Black Jack had refused to go along with corrupt superiors. But it turns out that Black Jack had secretly been Kibuka the mythical leader of the 66 Bridges gang.
Kasper became a narcotics cop in the 74th Precinct's Organized Crime Control Bureau, supporting both his mother and his girlfriend Gwen; he still pined for his high school sweetheart Grace, but stayed with Gwen when she had became pregnant with his child.
Hungry for promotion, Cole and his crew carried out unauthorized drug busts, drawing unwelcome attention from his crooked Lieutenant, Sal Anthony. Around this time, Kasper "borrowed" a bulletproof Black Panther costume being stored by his boss Sergeant Tork, and began wearing it under his clothes instead of his department issued bulletproof vest. Kasper thought that the costume would give him the necessary edge to stand out and get his desired promotion. After failing to recruit Kasper, Sal had Kasper and his fellow officers ambushed. Thanks to the costume, Kasper survived, though the other officers were hospitalized.
Suspended for not wearing his vest, Kasper posed as the Black Panther (T'Challa) to bring Sal down; eventually learning that he was a pawn in the manipulations of T'Challa and his foster brother Hunter also known as the White Wolf, leader of Wakanda's secret police the Hatut Zeraze. His crimefighting eventually pitted him against the 66 Bridges gang and its regional manager Nigel Triage Blacque. Unbeknownst to Cole, Triage is secretly his half-brother.
Mistakenly identified as the "Panther masked vigilante" a title the police had ascribed to Kasper due to his recent actions, Tork was seemingly murdered. But Tork's death turned out to be a ruse orchestrated by the DEA and facilitated by T'Challa. Seeking to control his own destiny, Kasper offered to find Sal's kidnapped son in return for assistance in tracking down Kibuka.
Advised by the Falcon (Sam Wilson) that he needed to be more than just a man in a cat suit to achieve his goals, Kasper sought permission to eat the heart-shaped herb and gain enhanced powers like T'Challa by undertaking the Rite of Ascension. The villainous Erik Killmonger, offered him another option, a synthetic version of the Heart-Shaped Herb and help finding Sal's son, in return for Kasper dropping the Black Panther identity, becoming a White Tiger of the Panther Cult, and doing a favor for Killmonger in the future. Kasper accepted, but then tracked down the boy using his newly enhanced senses and help from Queen Divine Justice and Everett Ross, thus lessening his debt to Killmonger. Afterwards, Kasper took on the identity of the White Tiger. He continues to chase promotion, allied with The Crew, (a team of inner city superheroes) against 66 Bridges and Triage.
After Civil War
Thanks to Erik Killmonger, Kevin was given a synthetic version of the heart-shaped herbel potion that gives the black panther his/her powers.Giving him superhuman sense and peak human physical abilities:
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Kevin can see in total darkness as if it was a clear sunny day, something at over a few hundred feet appears as though it is right in front of his face. Kevin's sense of hearing is enhanced enabling him to hear sounds that an ordinary human can't and to be able to hear sounds that an ordinary human can, but at much greater distances. Kevin can memorize tens of thousands of scents and track them to the exact location, Kevin can sense others emotions, and detect if someone is lying. Kevin's sense of taste is sensitive to the point that he is able to taste the exact ingredients of any particular food he is eating. Kevin's sense of touch allows him to feel minute temperature and pressure changes in the atmosphere around him as well as pick up even the slightest vibrations enabling him to constantly and flawlessly sense his entire surroundings.
- Enhanced Strength: The special herb has enhanced Kevin's physical strength to the pinnacle of human perfection. While not superhuman, he is considerably much stronger than the average human and is almost as strong as a human can be without being considered superhuman. He is able to lift around 3 tons.
- Enhanced Speed: Kevin is able to run and move at speeds superior to those of any Olympic athlete. He is capable of reaching speeds of 35 mph.
- Enhanced Stamina: Kevin's musculature produces almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity and as a result, he has virtually limitless stamina in all physical activities.
- Enhanced Healing: Kevin is able to flawlessly regenerate injured tissue and brain cells to an extraordinary degree, heal broken bones, torn muscles, and regenerate missing limbs or organs. He is immune to all diseases, infections and disorders, he's immune to all, poisons, toxins, venoms, viruses, bacteria, allergen, etc
- Enhanced Durability: Kevin's resilience is enhanced. When a normal man repeatably punched him, Kevin felt no discomfort and the assailant hurt his hand. Kevin was unfazed by an entire Warehouse collapsing on him. When he was shot at close range, rather than penetrating through his chest, the bullets were lodged in his muscles.
- Enhanced Agility: Kevin's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are also heightened to the pinnacle of human development. He is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's. He can perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He is superior to any Olympic level gymnast that has ever competed. He can perfectly dodge or catch all attacks without even realizing that he's being attacked. He is flexible enough to move through the narrowest creeks and dodge attacks even at close range
- Perfect Equilibrium: Kevin instantly achieves a state of perfect equilibrium in any position. He adjust his position by instinct, enabling him to automatically balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Kevin's reaction time is superior to that of any Olympic athlete that has ever competed. He has effortlessly dodged bullets, blitzed multiple opponents before they could react, and moved his hands so fast that they have acted as makeshift blades. When a situation emerges, an optimal solution is executed automatically. He can automatically identify and escape dangerous situations and evade opponents without consciously thinking out a plan of action.
Hand-to hand combat training of a law enforcement officer.Experienced detective,and thanks to the herbel potions Kevin is becoming a proficient tracker after tracking down Sal Anthony's kid.
White Panther Habit: Vibranium microweave body suit capable of dissipating the kinetic and hydrostatic shock damage of bullets or bullet like objects. It also has special vibranium soled boots for scaling vertical surfaces. Anti-metal properties of the Antarctic vibranium in his claws and boots will break down any known metal including adamantium.
9mm Pistols: Loaded with non-lethal gel bullets.
Vibro-Dagger - Hand-held energy emitting weapon capable of cutting through most surfaces. The blade can also be used as a ranged weapon firing from the handle. It leaves a detectable 'mark' for tracking purposes.
- It should be noted that he has no connection whatsoever to one of the Martial Arts heroes named the White Tigers (Angel del Toro, Hector or Ava Ayala).
- 26 Appearances of Kevin Cole (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Kevin Cole (Earth-616)
- Media Kevin Cole (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 8 Images featuring Kevin Cole (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kevin Cole (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Kevin Cole (Earth-616)
- Kevin Cole (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
- http://phonogram.us/comics/crew/kasper.htm DigitalPriest.com: The Crew: White Tiger
- http://spider-bob.com/heroes/marvel/BlackPantherII.htm Black Panther II
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|