Origin and early years
Kah-Tah-Dhen was born in the time before man walked the Earth, when the saurians and lizard kings dominated the planet, yet were dwarfed in comparison with Kah-Tah-Dhenn who preyed on them. It remains unknown if Kah-Tah-Dhen wasn a god or only an outsized spider.
The earliest men worshiped her and sacrificed people of their tribes seeking both power and to appease her. In many occasions, Kah-Tah-Dhen became angered and descended from her Mountain to exact her wrath upon man. She slew men, but took only their heads, and thus became known as the Head-Taker, the Taker of Heads, the Decapitating God.
At some point, "an age" before before 10,000 BC, Kah-Tah-Dhen was imprisoned in her mountain home by the Earth Mother. Given the lack of information, it is unclear when Kah-Tah-Dhen was imprisoned, and which Earth Mother (Gaea, Inanna/Ishtar or another deity) was involved in that imprisonment.
The Book of Koth foretold her eventual return upon a certain configuration of stars and planets.
The legends, stories, tales and poems about her were recited and handed down from father to son. Circa 10,000 BC, some among the Shemites thought the Decapitating God to be a tale for children or madmen. Other, such as the Zuagirs were in awe before her, and it was forbidden among the Zuagirs to enter her home, the Mountain at the Heart of Hell.
Return and death
- Conan stated that Kah-Tah-Dhen wasn't a god but only an outsized insect.
- Though mentioned as a male being by most of the Shemites, Kah-Tah-Dhen was female.
- 1 Appearances of Kah-Tah-Dhen (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Kah-Tah-Dhen (Earth-616)
- Media Kah-Tah-Dhen (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Kah-Tah-Dhen (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Kah-Tah-Dhen (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Kah-Tah-Dhen (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|