Joseph Rogers was the father of the original Captain America, Steve Rogers. He was born and raised in Ireland, and it was there he met and married Sarah Rogers. The two emigrated to the United States of America and settled on the Lower East Side of Manhattan in New York City.
It was there that his wife gave birth to their son, Steve, on July 4, 1920. Overtime Joseph lost his job and could not find any work. He turned to drinking, becoming an alcoholic, and began abusing both Steve and Sarah. He lated died by 1926.
- Captain America: The Legend stated Joseph Rogers died when Steve was in his mid-teens. However, Captain America Vol 7 #2 indicated that Joseph Rogers had died by 1926 (when Steve would have been around six years old).
- 2 Appearances of Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
- Media Joseph Rogers (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Joseph Rogers (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|