Rhodes gained superhuman powers after exposing himself to experimental microscopic robots. While Tony Stark had intended to test them on himself, Rhodes did not feel it would be right for Stark to unnecessarily risk his life. Although now-blessed with exponentially-increasing invulnerability and an impressive array of energy-based attacks, the nanites slowly corrupt Rhodes' mind, eventually destroying his personality and leaving him as little more than a very powerful, humanoid robot. He eventually works as a personal bodyguard for Tony Stark, and although he adopts a superhero uniform (vaguely reminiscent of Superman, though with a different color scheme and no chest insignia) neither he nor Stark bother to come up with a moniker for him. Spider-Girl refers to him as "Fred" for most of her series, for simple lack of anything else to call him.
Rhodes possesses a super-durable body, and is capable of flight, and concussive blasts.
- 14 Appearances of James Rhodes (Earth-982)
- Minor Appearances of James Rhodes (Earth-982)
- Media James Rhodes (Earth-982) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring James Rhodes (Earth-982)
- Quotations by or about James Rhodes (Earth-982)
- Character Gallery: James Rhodes (Earth-982)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|