Born in Canada sometime in 1832, James Howlett's mutant powers first manifested in 1845 during a moment of wild rage, after witnessing the death of his father at the hands of Thomas Logan. Grief-stricken, James impaled Thomas with his newly sprung bone claws; in his last moments, Thomas revealed that he was James' biological father.
Civil War, WWI & WWII
Fleeing with his half-brother Victor, the two spent the next several decades operating as soldiers. They fought together for the Union in the American Civil War, and with the Allied Forces in both World War I and World War II.
In 1945, James was held in a Imperial Japan POW camp in Nagasaki, confined to a hole in the ground covered by a heavy metal door. On the morning of August 9, the United States Air Force dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki; the officers of the camp released the Allied POWs from their cells and fled. While the commanders of the camp committed seppuku, one officer took pity on Howlett, and unsealed his holding cell before continiuing with seppuku. However, he was stopped by Howlett. Realizing they could not outrun the destructive power of the bomb, James had the soldier hide in the underground cell, and shielded him from the bombing with the steel door and blocking the radiation, which burned his skin. After Logan regenerated, which surprised the officer, he tried to leave the pit, but James told him it still wasn't safe. The commander gave him a Japanese sword, but Howlett insisted that he keep it until he come for it. Once it was safe, they left the pit and the commander allowed James to go.
Approached by the X-Men
In 1962, Logan was among the small number of mutants Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr detected with the first use of Cerebro. Looking to recruit Howlett to a team meant counter the villainous Hellfire Club, the two tracked Howlett to a bar. Before having a chance to explain their offer, Howlett rudely dismissed them both by saying "Go f*ck yourself", prompting them to leave. Howlett briefly looked back before ordering another drink.
In 1973, when Logan was, supposedly, serving as a bodyguard, his mind was taken over by the consciousness of his future self, who arrived that year in order to prevent Mystique from killing Bolivar Trask.
While pursuing and capturing Mystique in Paris, Wolverine saw William Stryker, triggering traumatic flashbacks. Logan temporarily recover his consciousness, looked around wondering where he was before his future self snapped back.
When future Logan succeeded in his mission, his consciousness left his body and returned to the future. Logan woke up being rescued from drowning by Mystique, disguised as Major William Stryker.
Over the next decade, Logan was be held by the U.S. Army's Weapon X Program at Alkali Lake to be experimented upon. Mystique eventually stopped masquerading as Stryker, and Stryker, now Colonel, oversaw the experiments done to him. They coated his bone claws with Adamantium and wiped his memory.
A couple days after the tenth anniversary of Logan being retrieved from the river, Logan was set free from his cell at Alkali Lake by a few mutant teenagers, one of whom revealed to Logan a few fragments of his past via telepathy. Logan escaped the compound, and ran off into the snowy forest.
Over the next 40 years, Logan joined the X-Men, and the crisis his future self went back into the past to avert never occurred. In 2023, the consciousness of the other Logan woke up in his body in this timeline, confused at the dramatic changes between his current present and the future he left behind, and finally erasing this Logan's consciousness.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolverine's primary mutant ability is the "mutant healing factor". This allows him to recover from virtually any wound faster and more extensively than a normal human being. He can regenerate from most wounds in a matter of seconds. His healing powers also grant him immunity to all earthly diseases/illnesses and most effects of alcohol, drugs, and toxins. His adamantium skeleton has also been shown to regenerate from all kinds of damage of any type imaginable, as seen when Wolverine's adamantium skull fully healed after being shot twice with adamantium bullets in the head by Stryker.
- Delayed Aging: In addition, his healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan, immensely slowing his aging process if not being ageless. Wolverine was born sometime in the early 19th century. Although being over 190 years old (as of 2023), Wolverine retains the health, appearance and physical vitality of a man in the physical prime of his life.
- Superhuman Strength: With his adamantium skeleton his strength and upper limits of what he can lift is increased his skeleton being indestructible removing the natural strain on his skeleton when lifting. Also carrying around all that adamantium laced to his skeleton has increased his strength being albe to lift up over 1 ton especially when angry or under rage. Without his adamantium skeleton he is able to grab and toss a grown man several feet with one arm, his strength is closer to that of a olympic powerlifter being able to lift over 800 lbs.
- Superhuman Durability:Thanks to his healing factor, Wolverine can brush of injuries that would easily kill a normal human. Even before having his skeleton being laced with adamantium, Wolverine already possessed a degree of superhuman durability, being crushed by several big timber logs, shot at point-blank range, impaled, stabbed, being caught in the after-effects of the blast of a nuclear bomb, being hit by an 18-wheeled truck without any kind of structural damage to his bones, due to his skeleton being denser even without the adamantium . After having adamantium bonded to his skeleton, he was now capable of surviving from falling from extreme heights (like falling from the top of a nuclear reactor without any visible injuries) without breaking any bones. He was also able to receive blows from Blob without staggering, and with no visable injuries. Being tossed around by Juggernaut and taking some of his strongest punches without receiving any serious injuries, one of them being powerful enough to punch trough a house wall. Even when his health had started to falter, he was still capable of surviving a shotgun blast to his chest and still capable of overpowering and brutally murdering several gangsters who had approached him.
Superhuman Senses: Wolverine possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. He can see at far greater distances, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity even in near total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to detect sounds ordinary humans can't or to hear at much greater distances. He is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. Wolverine can also use his keen sense of smell to detect lies due to chemical changes within a person's scent. These senses stem from, at least partially, his constant cellular regeneration, as are his enhanced physical capabilities.
Superhuman Speed: Is able to run faster than 60 mph, although his reaction speeds have been comparable to hypersonic levels.
- Superhuman Endurance and Stamina: Thanks to his regenerative powers, Wolverine's fatigue toxins are halted for hours, allowing him to engage in physical activity for far longer than a normal human can. This also allows him to remain submerged underwater for several days without drowning him outright.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Has greater reflexes than a normal human.
- Superhuman Agility: Has greater agility than that of a normal human.
Insulated Weather Adaptation: Wolverine's body is highly resistant to certain elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude and even swim extremely fast in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury.
Bone Claws: Wolverine possesses 3 bone claws harnessed in each forearm, which come out through the skin between his knuckles. His flesh bleeds every time he "pops" his claws but his healing factor quickly stops it. The claws are able to cut through flesh, bone, and other materials. Thanks to his healing factor, whenever the bone claws are damaged or removed, they regenerate quickly, as shown when he had his adamantium claws severed from his arms and his bone claws regenerated in place of them.
Animal Empathy: Like his comic book counterpart Wolverine had the ability to sense animals intention and their emotional state such as anger,fear,happiness or pain. And he could communicate his intention to them(as shown when ending a bears life when it was dying after being attacked by a group of hunters).
- Martial Artist: Due to over two centuries worth of rigorous training & war experiences, he has advanced hand-to-hand combat skills, clawmanship skills, marksmanship skills & swordsmanship skills.
- Leadership: Due to his vast military experience, he is a highly skilled military tactician.
- Weaponry Expertise: Wolverine is proficient in handling any firearms thanks to his war experiences.
- High Pain Tolerance: Over the years of constant physical traumas, he became highly resilient to pain.
- Hugh Jackman, who is well-known for portraying Wolverine throughout the X-Men film series, also portrays the Wolverine of the new timeline in X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse.
- Essentially, this Wolverine was erased when his consciousness was replaced by his Earth-10005 counterpart when he woke up in 2023, making him dead, in a sense. Despite this, when we next see Logan in Logan, he has memories of this timeline. This could indicate that Charles Xavier and/or Jean Grey managed to eventually restore Logan's memories of his alternate self.
- 2 Appearances of James Howlett (Earth-TRN414)
- Minor Appearances of James Howlett (Earth-TRN414)
- Media James Howlett (Earth-TRN414) was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring James Howlett (Earth-TRN414)
- Quotations by or about James Howlett (Earth-TRN414)
- Character Gallery: James Howlett (Earth-TRN414)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|