- Ya fight me, you're gonna get hurt. End of story.
- -- Wolverine src
History of character is unknown.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 2, there is a second playable Wolverine with his claws made of normal bone rather than the usual covered by adamantium.
- In the trailers for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, Wolverine seems to be paired with Ryu. Before he switch rivals with Ryu in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, he was originally paired rival of Ryu's more personal rival, Akuma as evident in Akuma's ending in X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Wolverine's own ending in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.
- As a result of the above information, it can be said that Wolverine's rival in Marvel vs Capcom 3 is Ryu. Both are fierce veterans in the game series, often being many fans' #1 character picks, and both are portrayed as warriors with an honor code, a dark side, and the will and determination to fight against all odds. Both have also spent time living and training in Japan, for many years at a time. Furthermore, they are both iconic characters for their respective franchises, both specific (X-Men and Street Fighter) and general (Marvel and Capcom), so the pair seems ultimately justifiable.
- Another common trait they share is being somewhat of a mentor/role model to the younger character for their own series. Ryu is deeply admired by Sakura (and Shun (who claims to be his younger brother) in the Street Fighter Alpha movie) to the point where she even imitate his fighting style into her own and Wolverine acted as a mentor for Jubilee, Shadow Cat (Kitty Pryde), and X-23 (who IS biologically family as she is a female clone).
- He was one of the first six characters to be included in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- Wolverine is now voiced by Steven Blum, who has voiced Wolverine in nearly all of his appearances for several years since 2004.
- Wolverine's alternate colors for Marvel vs Capcom 3 are versions of his astonishing outfit with color schemes based on his X-Force uniform, his classic brown suit, and an interpretation of his Age of Apocalypse costume.
- Wolverine's Berserker Charge hyper combo is able to cancel the slowing effect of Viewtiful Joe's Viewtiful God Hand.
- When switching to storm he yells "Ororo", Storm's first name. He also yells "Laura" when switching out with X-23. He yells "Jean", when switching out with Phoenix.
- He is one of the last 7 fighters that has made an appearance as a playable character in every single Marvel vs Capcom game since the first one. He has also been a playable character in all of the Marvel vs. games since X-men vs. Street Fighter.
- Wolverine's pre-fight dialogue with the Hulk is a reference to his first full appearance in The Incredible Hulk #181, where their fight ended at a stalemate. It can also be counted as a reference to the mini movie Hulk vs. Wolverine.
- Wolverine's ending involves him going to a men's club (out of the Wolverine costume) after a tiring fight with Galactus. He then encounters Morrigan, who's one of the pole dancers of the club, and she asks if he wants to "take a step outside" when she's done. He accepts, but requests to finish his drink first.
- Interesting is the fact that Capcom's Wolverine has two abilities that no other incarnation of him does:
- The ability to spread his claws, as noted on his animations, to make larger cuts (while other Wolverines can only have straight claws, every Capcom game has a variable angled claw, needing not to be parallel. This ability is shared with X-23.
- Wolverine can also send energy waves through his claws, what allow moves like Fatal Claw.
- There are some comments and jokes (especially on YouTube) about Wolverine's theme song in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 comparing it to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song due to the fact that they both have the same tonality.
- Wolverine's presumed Capcom rivals are:
- Viewtiful Joe (Marvel vs. Capcom 3): Opposite sides of the character roster.
- Ryu (Marvel vs. Capcom 2 & 3): Opposite sides of the character roster in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (as Adamantium Claws), and seen fighting in the first trailer.
- Guile (Marvel vs. Capcom 2): Opposite sides of the character roster (as Bone Claws).
- Strider Hiryu (Marvel vs. Capcom): Seen fighting together in the intro.
- Zangief (Marvel vs. Capcom): Opposite sides of the character roster.
- Akuma (X-Men vs. Street Fighter & Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter): Opposite sides of the character roster in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.
- Ken (X-Men vs. Street Fighter): Opposite sides of the character roster.
- 10 Appearances of James Howlett (Earth-30847)
- Minor Appearances of James Howlett (Earth-30847)
- Media James Howlett (Earth-30847) was Mentioned in
- 9 Images featuring James Howlett (Earth-30847)
- 1 Quotations by or about James Howlett (Earth-30847)
- Character Gallery: James Howlett (Earth-30847)
- Characters killed by Wolverine
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|