- I want to destroy the Good that is in you! I hunger to fill your very Soul with Evil!
- -- Corruptor src
Jackson Day was a factory worker at the shipping department of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company that specialized in psychoactive chemicals. When a fire broke out he was doused with a mixture of potent heated chemicals. A day later, he discovered that the chemicals had affected both his body and mind, psychoactively unleashing his selfish, hateful tendencies, turning his skin a sickly blue-black, and granting him the ability to subvert the wills of those he touches.
Now calling himself the Corruptor, he touched the Asgardian thunder god Thor and caused him to lose his inhibitions against wanton violence. Thor was brought back to his senses by the fledgling crime fighter, Nova, and the two apprehended Day.
While undergoing medical treatment, Day reverted to his Corruptor persona, escaped, and formed a criminal organization called the Inner Circle. The Corruptor planned to loot New York with armies of ordinary citizens under his influence, but his scheme was again thwarted by Nova. 
He was imprisoned in the Raft along with Crossfire . He escaped during Electro's mass breakout, they worked with a team of mind-manipulators: Mandrill,Controller and Mister Fear. While on pursuit of Rozalyn the U-Foes and Crossfire's Crew fought a gang war until the New Avengers stopped. Cross and his gang were recaptured.
He went back to home town of Smyrna, Delaware. He used flowers grown in his own sweat to take control of the town becoming mayor. The New Warriors were travelling the United States helping small towns when they uncover his scheme. He however he was easily defeated and the town freed from control.
Much later, the Corruptor was a member of an army of super-villains hired by R.A.I.D. as part of a terrorist plot against the city of London. He was teamed with Firebrand and Boomerang and tasked with the destruction of Heathrow Airport. Day, however, hung back and watched his comrades battle the Arabian Knight and Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine. When the villains were defeated, he made his move, subverting the will of the heroes along with that of Sabra. He then commanded the heroes to kill Union Jack. Jack managed to maneuver his mind-controlled allies into taking out the Corruptor, but learned that that did not release them from his control. Luckily, he was able to incapacitate his comrades without seriously hurting them. The Corruptor was then taken into custody.
He joined the Hood's criminal army. It was created to take advantage of the chaos created due to the Superhuman Registration Act. He was active with the group during the Secret Invasion of the Skrulls, where they worked with the heroes to defeat the alien army.
Afterwards he was arrested and imprisoned again in the Raft.
|Power Grid |
- Chemical Corruption: The Corruptor has the power to subvert the will of virtually any living being by mere touch. The sweat glands of the Corruptor's skin release a highly potent psychoactive chemical that upon contact with another person's skin triggers a metabolic change that overrides the inhibition center of the brain. As a result, the victim is very susceptible to the Corruptor's suggestions, or left to his or her own volition, will act in a highly uninhibited, selfish, or immoral manner. The period of time under the Corruptor's influence is dependent upon the length of contact with the Corruptor's akin, and hence the amount of toxin that has been absorbed by the skin and reached the brain through the bloodstream. This period of "corruption" varies from about a half-hour to twenty-four hours. The limit to the amount of toxin his skin produces is not yet known, nor is the limit to the number of people the Corruptor can put under his influence consecutively. He can affect more than one person at a time if more than one person is touching or being touched by him. In order to keep a person under his influence over a long parted of time he must touch him or her before the toxin dissipates. Through experimentation, the Corruptor has discovered that if a person is in a highly emotional state of mind he or she will remain under his influence for a far greater period of time, perhaps even for days. This occurs because the inhibition centers of the brain are already stimulated at the time the toxin enters.
- For the first week of Day's transformation into the Corruptor, his body tried to shake off the effects of the chemicals and he would revert to his normal form periodically. Since then, his body has fully assimilated the psychochemicals and he can no longer revert to human.
- 46 Appearances of Jackson Day (Earth-616)
- Media Jackson Day (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Jackson Day (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jackson Day (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Jackson Day (Earth-616)
- Marvel Directory
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Nova #4
- ↑ Nova #20-21
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #263-266
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #32
- ↑ New Warriors #36
- ↑ Nova Vol 2 #10
- ↑ Avengers Vol 3 #6
- ↑ Spider-Man: Breakout #1-2
- ↑ Spider-Man: Breakout #3-4
- ↑ Spider-Man: Breakout #5
- ↑ New Warriors Vol 3 #6
- ↑ Union Jack Vol 2 #2
- ↑ Union Jack Vol 2 #3
- ↑ New Avengers Annual #2
- ↑ Secret Invasion #6-7
- ↑ New Avengers #50
- ↑ New Avengers #61
- ↑ New Avengers #63-64
- ↑ Siege #3
- ↑ Enter the Heroic Age #1
- ↑ Wolverine: The Best There Is #1-12
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #3
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 2
|Like this? Let us know!|