Irving Forbush was originally the office gofer at Marble Comics, and lived in a house with his shrewish maiden aunt, Auntie Mayhem who was indirectly responsible for her nephew becoming a superhero (in a fit of pique, she slams the fabled cooking pot over Irving's head, inadvertently providing him with the disguise he'd been looking for).
Forbush Man went on to triumph over a number of super-powered adversaries. All of his victories were purely accidental; lacking superhuman powers, dumb luck necessarily played a major role in all of his adventures.
Search for group membership
Forbush Man later applied for membership with the Revengers, S.H.E.E.S.H. and finally the Echhs-Men. After each attempt ends in disaster for the group concerned, Forbush is offered a position in 'Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band', which he declines, believing it better to "quit while I'm still behind." Forbush Man later fought against 'the Strangie'. 
Irving Forbush was eventually recruited by the government and took part in a top-secret experiment that supposedly gave him abilities similar to that of Captain America. He was then trained by the Tuskmaster, before going out on his only mission to stop the diabolical Red Skulk. 
New Paramounts and death
Forbush Man was later seen as a member of the New Paramounts, somehow being on Earth-616. Forbush Man was apparently killed by Tabitha Smith after he failed to mind control her (she apparently had no mind worth affecting). 
Captain America: Who Won't Wield the Shield?
Forbush Man returned somehow, with no explanation as to how he avoided his apparent death at the hands of Tabitha Smith. Forbush Man was one of a long line of people who were chosen as the ones to not wield Captain America's Shield when Captain America returned to replace Bucky Barnes as Captain America. Forbush Man accused Marvel Comics of bringing the Steve Rogers Captain America back only because they thought it would turn more profit. 
- Forbush Vision: Forbush Man has the power to project utterly realistic visions into the minds of others when he removes the cast-iron pot on his head. The hallucinations typically depict a reality that is hellish to each victim, slowly killing them as they struggle against it.
WeaknessesHis power had no effect on Tabitha Smith, as she apparently had no mind at all. 
- Cast-iron cooking pot
- 45 Appearances of Irving Forbush (Earth-665)
- Media Irving Forbush (Earth-665) was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Irving Forbush (Earth-665)
- 2 Quotations by or about Irving Forbush (Earth-665)
- Character Gallery: Irving Forbush (Earth-665)
Marvel Super Heroes RPG, character sheet. 1986
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ What The--?! #4 The Last Charlie America Story
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 What The--?! #23 What I Did Over Summer Vacation
- ↑ What The--?! #12 Forbush Man in the Ravaged Land
- ↑ Nextwave #8
- ↑ Fantastic Four #112
- ↑ Not Brand Echh #8
- ↑ What The--?! #4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Nextwave #10
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Captain America: Who Won't Wield the Shield #1
|Like this? Let us know!|