- Think about it, Nick. What if war was obsolete? What if terrorism and crime, famine and disease were obsolete? Where would we be?
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "Execute Program (Part I of VI)"Edit
- Dennis Kellard (First appearance)
- Plemina Gorlovich (First appearance)
- Extremis Armor
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Crimson Dynamo Armor
- Argonaut Armors (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Execute Program (Part I of VI)"Edit
In London, England, a mysterious hooded man sits down at an internet café and uses his laptop to execute an assassination command via remote control. In Sophia, Bulgaria, criminal Andrei Gorlovich returns home. He argues with his wife, then sits down to watch some television. An intruder bursts into his home and burns Gorlovich to death with a powerful energy beam. When police interrogate Andrei's widow, she claims that the assailant was the American "man of iron".
In Manhattan, Iron Man is in the middle of a battle with the Crimson Dynamo. The Dynamo launches a series of cluster bombs at him, but Iron Man's armor easily withstands the explosion. He then fires a high-yield magnetic pulse at Crimson Dynamo that temporarily stops his heart. Iron Man then leans over the fallen villain and uses his repulsors to jump start his heart. The New Avengers arrive on the scene and Captain America is not pleased with Iron Man's tactics. Iron Man ignores Cap's concerns and flies off.
He goes to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier and meets with Nick Fury and "Dum Dum" Dugan. Nick questions Tony about something called Project Argonaut. Tony plays dumb, claiming he has no idea what Fury is talking about. In truth though, Project Argonaut is one of Stark Industries subcontractor projects.
Back in London, the hooded man targets his next victim, Dennis Kellard. Kellard is boarding an airplane at Charles de Gaulle International Airport. A tracking system zeroes in on him.
- Plemina Gorlovich appears next in Iron Man (Volume 4) #12.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
The following names appear on the killer's hit list
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Iron Man at Wikipedia
- Iron Man at Marvel Universe
- Iron Man at Marvel Directory
- Iron Man (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Iron Man (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
|Like this? Let us know!|