Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In the absence of orders, I will defend Mother Russia as best I can... by blasting the enemy to Hell!
Appearing in "War Machine: Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Part III of III)"Edit
Synopsis for "War Machine: Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Part III of III)"Edit
The Skrulls capture Jim Rhodes, aka, War Machine and attempt to experiment on him. However, they don't realize that he still has weaponized components within his cybernetic endoskeleton. He blasts the alien scientists with an eye-laser, then retrieves his War Machine armor. He patches into Suzi Endo on the Satellite Armor and gets an update on the Skrull situation on Earth. He learns that the Super-Skrulls are still engaged in battle with the Winter Guard and flies to Russia to help them.
The Winter Guard are still under strict orders not to render aid to any American super-hero. Crimson Dynamo however, cannot comply with such an order as it is fairly obvious to him that War Machine is helping them protect Mother Russia against the Skrulls.
Working in tandem, War Machine and the Winter Guard bait several of the Skrull ships into a trap. Darkstar uses her Darkforce manipulation to open up dimensional barriers, which strategically places their opponents in a crossfire. The Skrulls are taken by surprise and War Machine and Crimson Dynamo finish them off. While the battle in the skies concludes, Red Guardian and Ursa Major finish taking care of the Super-Skrulls left on the ground. When the dust settles, War Machine and Crimson Dynamo thank each other for helping out. War Machine flies off into the sky, leaving Russia behind him.
- For the duration of this story-arc, the title of this series is superseded by the surrogate title War Machine: Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. This is not an actual title change as the indicia still reads Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- This issue is a Secret Invasion tie-in. The events from this issue take place prior to the events chronicled in Secret Invasion #8.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Iron Man (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Iron Man (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
|Like this? Let us know!|