Appearing in "Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D."Edit
- Maya Hansen
- Jemaah Islamiyah terrorist cell (First appearance)
- Jack Kooning (First appearance)
- Cookie (behind the scenes)
- Doctor Chen (First appearance)
- Karim Mahwash Najeeb
- United States of America
- Nei Mongol Province
- An Hu Po State Psychiatric Facility (First appearance)
- Nei Mongol Province
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniforms
- Stark Tech Airborne Nano-Cameras (A.N.C.) (First appearance)
- Alpha Team Armor (First appearance)
- Extremis Armor
- S.T.A.R. (Stark Tactical Assault Repulsors) (First appearance)
- Venox bombs
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Airborne Stealth Personnel Carrier
- Stark Foundation Deep-Sea Exploration Vessel
Synopsis for "Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D."Edit
Thaddeus Dugan (Earth-616) goes to the office of Defense Secretary Jack Kooning to formally submit his resignation from S.H.I.E.L.D. Kooning inquires about this seemingly rash decision, and Dugan goes on at length about his reservations concerning S.H.I.E.L.D.'s new director, Tony Stark.
Two days ago, Stark (as Iron Man) led a squad of armored agents on a mission to the Sydney Opera House in Australia. They engaged an Indonesian terrorist cell known as Jemaah Islamiyah who threatened to release an extremely dangerous nerve agent into the atmosphere. The mission proved successful, primarily due to Iron Man retrieving the nerve agent and securing it in a remote location at sea.
Kooning can't understand why Dugan would object to what appears to have been a successfully executed mission. Dum-Dum takes umbrage with the fact that Stark is taking such a hands-on approach towards the ops. He is also irritated by several of the changes that Tony has made concerning S.H.I.E.L.D. protocols, not the least of which includes creating a day-care center on board the Helicarrier. Kooning refuses to accept Dugan’s resignation and tells him that he will require him to act as his "inside man" at S.H.I.E.L.D.
Meanwhile at the An Hu Po State Psychiatric Facility in Nei Mongol Province, China, a man named Doctor Chen gives Karim Mahwash Najeeb a tour of the facility. He brings him to an isolated cell, which houses an elderly man with long white hair and a beard. Chen reveals that the man in Room 32 never eats or drinks or sleeps. He cannot even fathom how or why the mysterious individual is even alive.
- The events from this issue take place after Civil War #7.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Iron Man biography page at Marvel Universe
- Iron Man article at Wikipedia
- Iron Man biography page at the Marvel Directory
|Like this? Let us know!|