Appearing in "Convention of Fear!"Edit
- Roxie Gilbert (Only in flashback)
- Mandarin (Only in flashback)
- Sunfire (Only in flashback)
- Yellow Claw (Only in flashback)
- Ultimo (Only in flashback)
- Stark employees
- Roy Thomas
- Mike Friedrich
- Tom Orzechowski
- Frank Brunner
- Milton Caniff (Mentioned) (Steve Canyon)
- Charles Schultz (Mentioned) (Peanuts)
- Bob Foster (Marvel artist)
- Don Glut
- Mark Evanier
- Mike Royer
- Kenny Lupoff
- San Diego, California
- San Diego International Airport
- Stark Industries
- San Diego's Great Zoo
- El Cortez Hotel
- Chula Vista (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Convention of Fear!"Edit
Flying around San Diego, Iron Man is shot at by a thermal intensifier. He destroys it and leaves, not seeing the Death Squad arguing amongst themselves. Tony Stark arrives at Stark Industries and chats with some production line workers who suddenly attack. Fighting them off, he notes they look possessed, then leaves as the Black Lama watches. With nothing to do Stark decides to attend the San Diego Comic-Con as Iron Man, where he's startled by some realistic villain costumes, who turn out to be the real Death Squad. Black Lama appears, revealing himself as the Death Squad's organizer, and mesmerizes the crowd into attacking Iron Man. Iron Man wins the ensuing melee, during which some comics are set ablaze. As the Lama steals up behind Iron Man with a scimitar, the Melter shoots him, wanting the honor of killing Iron Man for himself. The Lama teleports away, the defeated Death Squad are arrested and Iron Man is kicked out of the building as a convention crasher.
- Credit for "story plot" is given to Barry Alfonso of San Diego, California.
- This issue contains a letters page, Sock It To Shell-Head. Letters are published from Brian Apthorp, Tom Lemans, Dean Mullaney, David Dunn, and Bill Wu.
- Bruno Horgan (Earth-616) last appeared in Avengers Vol 1 83 and won't appear again until Iron Man Vol 1 92
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|