- You've been looking at it all wrong, Stark! You're not a civilian, you're a soldier -- albeit a reluctant one.
Appearing in "Why Must There Be an Iron Man?"Edit
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Main story and flashback)
- Mr. O'Brien
- New York City Police Department
- Ho Yinsen (Recap)
- Wong-Chu (Recap)
- Janice Cord (Recap)
- Happy Hogan (Recap)
- Pepper Potts (Recap)
- Thor (Recap)
- Captain America (Recap)
- Mandarin (Recap)
- Titanium Man (Recap)
- Melter (Recap)
- Crimson Dynamo (Recap)
Synopsis for "Why Must There Be an Iron Man?"Edit
A detailed origin is given for the Golden Avenger. Focuses primarily on his first adventure as told in Tales of Suspense #39.
- Iron Man's first origin story was presented in Tales of Suspense 39. His next detailed origin is given in Iron Man #122.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock it to Shell-Head". Letters are published from: Bettino C. Helms, Bruce Roland, and David Copson.
- "Shall Iron Man Live?" That's the dreaded question the golden Avenger must ask himself - as he relives anew his awesome origin!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|