- Iron Man is Dead!
- -- Pepper Potts
Appearing in "In This Hour of Earthdoom!"Edit
- Worldform, Inc. (First appearance)
- Calvin (First appearance)
- Worldform, Inc.'s alien customers
- S'Tan'D'Ard (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Juan (First appearance) (kid)
- Juan's mother
- United States of America
- Unidentified Spanish-speaking country
- North Pole
- Iron Man Armor MK IV
Synopsis for "In This Hour of Earthdoom!"Edit
As Ramrod awaits its robotic brethren, Iron Man struggles to his car where he collapses. In outer space, a ship bearing Ramrod's fellows heads to Earth to sterilize it of life for their employers, Worldform, Inc. Kevin O'Brien finds Tony and brings him to Avengers Mansion. The Worldform, Inc. ship lands in Manhattan and the Foreman orders Ramrod and three other robots to prepare their Earth-Former for use. Seeing Marianne and reminded of a woman he once knew, he has Ramrod bring her to him. At Avengers Mansion, Tony tells Kevin that he is Iron Man and Kevin assists him in donning an older pacemaker-equipped suit of armor. The Foreman tells Marianne his origin, indicating the Dominator helmet he wears that allows him to command the robots. Iron Man returns to battle and rescues Marianne. Iron Man destroys Ramrod; the Foreman battles Iron Man, but is no match for him. Following Marianne's advice, Iron Man removes the Dominator, which causes the Foreman to age rapidly and die. Marianne grieves for him. The remaining three robots are rendered inert.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Howard Leroy Davis, Richard Hawkins, "Student", Dave Sim, Shelley Mandryk, and Jack Schroeder.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story# 537-Z.
- The "Ramrod" in this issue is not to be confused with the Daredevil foe from Daredevil #103.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The unholy terror called Ramrod is still at large! But he's just the beginning, 'cause here come - the World-Changers! All this - while Tony Stark lies dying!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|