- I could never... confess. There was no one to turn to all these years, knowing how it would go... where the long, slow fall into the dark would take me... what it would cost me. But I had no choice. He broke me. He broke me from the very beginning.
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "So Far to Fall"Edit
- Force Works
- Long Island
- House of Kang
- Stark's Arctic Bunker (First appearance)
Synopsis for "So Far to Fall"Edit
In Stark's Arctic bunker, Marianne Rodgers watches Iron Man repair the damaged Machinesmith. At the Wasp's home, the Avengers recover from Iron Man's attack, while the recently arrived Masque tries to convince them Stark is no longer the man they knew. Century teleports in with the Black Widow and Moonraker, and they inform the Avengers that Moonraker is actually Libra, Mantis' father, and that "Kang" (Immortus) and Mantis are trying to tear the Avengers apart.
They contact Force Works, who are busy trying to disarm a temporal bomb Stark hid beneath their base, and tell them Stark has murdered Amanda Chaney, Force's Works publicist, for seeing too much. Marianne attempts to talk to Stark in his Arctic bunker, and he tells her despairingly that "he broke me from the very beginning" just before Century teleports Crystal, Vision, and Moonraker to just outside the base. The bunker transforms into a giant tank, and as the heroes futilely battle it, Marianne telepathically contacts them, and informs them that the evil within Tony is not innate, but that it had its claws in him for years. Century teleports the heroes back to the Wasp's home, but Moonraker doesn't make it, intercepted mid-transport by "Kang". He finds himself in Immortus' time citadel, to be tortured and taunted by Mantis and Kang.
- according to Eric J. Moreels of the Marvel Handbook-Staff this Story is continued from Force Works #20; at the End of this Issue it is said, that the Story continues in Force Works #20; since the Stories take Place at more or less the same Time, the Conversation between the Widow and Scarlet Witch are shown in both Issues, it doesn't really matter in which Order you read it; however, while this Issue appeared in January 1996 the Force Works Book was published in February
- This issue contains a letters page, Printed Circuits. Letters are published from Gregory Varesco, Delmo Walters, Shawn Evans, and Olav Beemer.
- This issue contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|
<d|Marvel Database]], a Wikia wiki.</small></div>