- You could pack an awful lot of little green men into a ship this big.
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "Beware -- the Mechanoid!"Edit
- Belinda Thompkins (First appearance)
- Luke (Belinda's boyfriend) (First appearance)
- Ed (policeman)
- Fitz (policeman) (First appearance)
- New York City (?)
- Iron Man Armor MK IV
- Rho Beam
- Inter-stellar cruiser
Synopsis for "Beware -- the Mechanoid!"Edit
While out performing diagnostic tests on his armor, Iron Man encounters a spaceship. He's brought on board to be greeted by the robot pilot Mechanoid Scout MK-5, whose alien masters are considering trading with Earth. The robot keeps Iron Man onboard while it checks out the planet, disguising itself to look human. It hitchhikes with Belinda Thompkins, who just broke up with her boyfriend Luke, but they're carjacked by two escaped convicts, Baldy and Rasko, who are being chased by the police. Iron Man frees himself and catches up with MK-5 in time to watch the convicts shoot it. It fights back and subdues the criminals before it explodes.
- Belinda Thompkins is also once spelled Thomkins in the story.
- This issue contains a letters page "Sock It to Shell-Head". Letters are published from Charles "Trivia" Smith, Mike Belicek, and Shirley A. Gorman.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story #386-Z.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
An invasion from space! The wildest jailbreak yet! All this, and the mind-staggering Mechanoid to boot! It's got be Shellhead's greatest!
- Is it irony that Scout MK-5 encounters the Iron Man MK IV armor?
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|