Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Tony Stark may have done his bit out there, but only Iron Man can do what has to be done...
Appearing in "Save the People -- Save the Country!"Edit
- The Overseer (Only Appearance) (Destroyed)
- Myrmidon (Only Appearance) (Destroyed)
- Unnamed dictator
- Sandy (First appearance)
- Maria (First appearance)
- Santo (Maria's brother) (First appearance)
- Maria and Santo's grandfather
- Caribbean Sea
- Unidentified island country
Synopsis for "Save the People -- Save the Country!"Edit
Caught in a sea storm during a Caribbean boating vacation, Tony Stark and Sandy rescue refugees from a small boat. They tell Stark their country is being run by a mechanical dictator called the Overseer, controlling the villagers to make them work. Stark investigates as Iron Man and quickly finds the Overseer's citadel, using his black-light ray to conceal himself from electronic monitors. Once inside he is attacked by the robotic Myrmidon. Hearing their distant battle, the villagers suspect the Overseer may be in trouble; initially held in check by soldiers, when a boy named Santo is apparently killed by an automatic blaster, the villagers revolt. Iron Man defeats Myrmidon and sabotages the citadel: as it begins to explode, the Overseer's creator, a tyrant who created the machines to rule in an efficient manner, reveals himself and is captured. The villagers want to kill him, but are convinced to show mercy when Santo proves to be alive. The next day Maria thanks Stark for sending Iron Man to help.
- The cover of this issue is signed by Severin and Everett with the pseudonym "E7V".
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It to Shell-Head". Letters are published from Patrick Rosenkranz, Chris Storb, and Kevin T. Dawson.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Cry Revolution—and our great golden Avenger is up to his armor in the wildest array yet of gadgets and villainy! And wait till you learn the secret of—the awesome Overseer!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|