- ... The right woman can mean all the difference to a man, Cheryl.
- -- Tony Stark
Appearing in "The Man Who Killed Tony Stark!"Edit
- Cheryl Porter (First appearance)
- Geoff (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Janice Cord (Recap)
- Titanium Man (Recap)
- Crimson Dynamo (Recap)
- Vincent Sandhurst (Death)
Synopsis for "The Man Who Killed Tony Stark!"Edit
Iron Man disables the smuggling ship that brought in the Titanium Man and calls the navy. After visiting Janice's grave he decides to take a vacation, but is tailed by the Mercenary. As Stark sets off, Cheryl Porter reveals her presence in his car's backseat and asks for his help. She tells Stark that she's being pursued by the Mercenary. Stark takes Cheryl to his mountain lodge. The Mercenary follows, and seeing a vengeance-seeking Vincent Sandhurst about to blow the car up, shoots him. The Mercenary attacks the lodge, battling and eventually overpowering Iron Man. Intending to trick Cheryl into letting him into the lodge's bunker, he disguises himself as Stark, only to be mistakenly slain by Sandhurst, who dies in turn seconds later.
- Story title comes from this issue's cover. No title is given on any interior pages.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Sock It To Shell-Head". Letters are published from Mike Burtion, Steve Flaitz, Barbara Campbell, Gregory Young, Eric Wilcox, Jane Whitehead, Lane Bailey, and Randy Rhine.
- There's never been a hired assassin like—the Mercenary! If you like duel-to-the death thrills, this one's for you!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|