Appearing in "Knight's Errand"Edit
- Chessmen (First appearance)
- Dreadknight (Mentioned)
- Black Knight (Mentioned)
- Vic Martinelli (Behind the scenes)
- Janny (Only Appearance)
- Aloysius Timothy Rafferty (Only Appearance)
- United States of America
- New Mexico
- Scotland (Mentioned)
- Bank of Kildonen (Mentioned)
- St. Moritz (Mentioned)
Mt Black Knight; Dreadknight
Synopsis for "Knight's Errand"Edit
Iron Man flies about trying to stamp out the inferno that is tearing through Stark International. He rescues a woman named Indries Moomji, whose car is trapped beneath a collapsed monorail. Extracting her from the vehicle, he flies her to the nearby hospital.
Later, Tony Stark analyzes the explosive the saboteur used to star the fire and traces it back to a man named Aloysious Lafferty of New Mexico. After a quick visit to Moomji's hospital room, he then arranges with Rhodey to fly him to New Mexico.
Meanwhile, a mysterious criminal figure, obsessed with chess places another of his agents into action. He assigns his Knight to assassinate Tony Stark. Traveling by way of a metallic anti-gravity steed, the Knight intercepts Tony's airplane and takes out the engines. Tony quick changes into his Iron Man armor and brings the plane down before it can crash. The Knight however, has disappeared.
Tony and Rhodey check into a hotel suite, and Tony telephones Moomji to check on her progress. He is angered that a civilian was injured on SI property, but he also become infatuated with her.
Later, Iron Man traces Aloysious Lafferty to his compound. He apprehends the saboteur, but the Knight arrives to take Iron Man down once again. The two fly about in the air above the desert, trading blows between Iron Man's repulsors and the Knight's energy lance. Iron Man baits the Knight into hovering above Lafferty's compound, then he blasts the building with his repulsors. This ignites the explosives that Lafferty had contained in the building and the explosion incapacitates the Knight. He sends the Knight to prison, but keeps his helmet as a souvenir, which he gives to Rhodey.
- Obadiah Stane is seen only in the shadows in this issue. He makes his first full appearance in Iron Man #166.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Printed Circuits". Letters are published from Stephen Scott Beau Smith, Karen Wu, Al Burr, Mike Sopp, Brian garrigan, Mark Waldman, Eric Wagner, Mard M. D. Bourdeaux, Craig A. Lawson, and Sandy Giordano.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Iron Man (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Iron Man (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|