When Tony Stark returned to Earth, after deciding to take time to clear his mind, he started creating many new technologies for himself. One of these being this new armor, primarily used by Tony to test new technological developments.
This armor is powered by numerous Repulsor Tech cores, with "Repulsor Core One" being the one implanted in Tony Stark's chest. This armor's first version was composed of a liquid smart-metal which could be easily stored in a briefcase and be rapidly aligned to a subdermal guide to form the suit exoskeleton. However, this metal was not meant for battle, but rapid testing.
The newest model's composition allows the user of the suit to attach/de-attach different kind of modules depending on the situation in a similar (but more limited) way to the Iron Man Armor Model 13. The suit can also be retracted into a "backpack" to allow its user's arms and legs mobility, but easy to immediately reassemble.
Using technology given to him by Rocket Raccoon, Tony created the "Stark Omniversal Multitasking Software" to allow him to remotely control the armor on Earth via his Deep-Space Armor. This software was intended for emergencies when Stark was needed on Earth while he was in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy. The software approximate communication range is seven hundred light years.
The code "Hdgk(X)=H2k(X,Q)∩Hk,k(X)" is capable of overriding the armor in order to make it respond to whomever recites it.
- Wrist-mounted armor piercing taser guns.
- Hacking units.
- UV laser.
- Repulsor mini-gun.
- Explosive launcher unit.
- Augmented back-thrusts gear.
- Anti-electric counter measure shields.
- Wrist-mounted missiles.
- GHOST Kit.
- The armor number given to this suit in Infinity: Heist #4 is a nod to the universe it belongs to, Earth-616.
- One major inconsistency in the way this armor has been drawn by different artists is the design of the helmet. Some artists like Greg Land, Mike Deodato Jr., Joe Bennett, and Luke Ross have drawn it with a similar design to that of the helmet of the Iron Man Armor MK III of Earth-199999, instead of the proper design created by Carlo Pagulayan.
- In Marvel Puzzle Quest, the Model 42 is actually listed as the Model 40.
- 184 Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 42
- 15 Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 42
- Media Iron Man Armor Model 42 was Mentioned in
- 249 Images featuring Iron Man Armor Model 42
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 42
Links and References
- ↑ All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe #1
- ↑ Infinity: Heist #4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Iron Man Vol 5 #1
- ↑ Indestructible Hulk #2
- ↑ New Brevoort Formspring
- ↑ Avengers Vol 5 #12
- ↑ Secret Avengers Vol 2 #4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Iron Man Vol 5 #2
- ↑ Indestructible Hulk Annual #1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Original Sin #7
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Iron Man Vol 5 #5
- ↑ Indestructible Hulk #17.INH
- ↑ Iron Man: Fatal Frontier Infinite Comic #7
- ↑ Avengers Vol 5 #8
- ↑ Iron Man Vol 5 #18
- ↑ Iron Man Vol 5 #23.NOW