Banner's addition was "RG-27", a special compound that neutralizes gamma radiation. Since it is most effective in liquid or gas form, a series of tubes were built into the armor for irrigation. This enables the armor not only to withstand radiation, but also allows it to decontaminate areas.
To expose a government conspiracy, the two faked a quarrel over some of their designs. Stark unveiled a finished version of the suit to battle the Hulk.
However, Stark seemed to be acting strangely while wearing the suit. A problem with the irrigation system was discovered. The Hulk was able to help Stark shut it down before gamma poisoning set in.
The armor is designed to attract radiation into the armor where it is converted into usable power. This greatly enhances its strength.
Through absorbing ambient radiation the armor is able to decontaminate irradiated areas.
It also possesses repulsors and a unibeam.
- This armor was originally identified in the All-New Iron Manual as the Model 27, it was later renumbered Model 26 in the Iron Manual.
- 10 Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 26
- 1 Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 26
- Media Iron Man Armor Model 26 was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Iron Man Armor Model 26
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 26