This armor emphasizes stealth, and seems to be designed to function in space only. It is less durable than earlier designs but is stealthier and easier to control.
The armor is covered with an experimental compression gel before launching. It uses a booster rig with solid-fuel rockets rather than its own supply to leave Earth's atmosphere.
Instead of traditional boot jets, the suit uses compressed gas maneuvering pods. Retro burst stabilizers located at the knees and hips help maintain attitude control.
A solar sail assists in both reentry and recharging the armor.
It possesses repulsors, a uni-beam, pulse bolts and explosive 'concussion buds.'
ECM jamming and a stealth mode mask its presence. It possesses various sensors including a thermal scan.
Like other space armors, auto-sealants protect the wearer and an autopilot can return it to Earth.
- This armor was originally identified in the All-New Iron Manual as the Model 19, it was later renumbered Model 18 in the Iron Manual.
- 8 Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 18
- 2 Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 18
- Media Iron Man Armor Model 18 was Mentioned in
- 8 Images featuring Iron Man Armor Model 18
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 18