While on the run from H.A.M.M.E.R. agents, Pepper learned that Tony Stark had secretly made her a suit of armor. She would then use it to defend herself from H.A.M.M.E.R. while rescuing people which gave her the alter-ego "Rescue".
The Mark 1616 generates electromagnetic "superfields" and repulsors for its various functions. Due to a request by Pepper, it has little/no weapons systems inside.
When Pepper insisted, Tony rebuilt the armor with a slightly different design and new weapons systems for her to be more suited in combat; it is unknown if the new version is considered a different model designation.
Another similar armor, this one in a purple color scheme over most of it with a silver faceplate and ribbing, was created by an A.I. copy of Tony's mind to fight Tony after his mind was "taken" as a result of the inversion wave, much to Tony's anger. This armor was equipped with thrusters to fly as well as speakers on the hands to disable the Endo-Sym Armor's Symbiote makeup, though it was unsuccessful in that endeavor.
- No special notes.
- When converted into letters, the model number is PP, being the initials of its wearer's name, Pepper Potts.
- 33 Appearances of Iron Man Armor Mark 1616
- Minor Appearances of Iron Man Armor Mark 1616
- 1 Media Iron Man Armor Mark 1616 was Mentioned in
- 15 Images featuring Iron Man Armor Mark 1616
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor Mark 1616
Links and References