Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I'm recovered enough to feel hatred towards the one responsible for all this -- and to want revenge on MODOK!
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "The Doomsday Connection!"Edit
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The Doomsday Connection!"Edit
Having followed MODOK across the country, Iron Man bursts into a Nevada AIM base, but it's empty. He starts to investigate an energy cradle but is attacked by two Guardian robots. After defeating them he concludes that this is an energy relay station, MODOK wouldn't store the energy here, but the energy collection has all come from the East Coast, blacking it out. He travels to contact the nearby Champions, but they don't get his warning signal due to the blackout. He is attacked by Ghost Rider but the misunderstanding is quickly cleared up by the Black Widow. Iron Man updates everybody on MODOK and AIM using his mini-projector and they split up into three teams to investigate three AIM bases. Black Widow, Hercules and Angel head to the National Redwood forest, where they're attacked by AIM agents and captured. Iceman, Darkstar and Ghost Rider head to San Francisco, where they find an underwater AIM installation and are attacked by AIM agents and mutated sea creatures, and Darkstar is injured. Iron Man travels to the Mojave desert, where he comes across a Franciscan mission. He asks a friar if he's seen any strange activity, but the friar attacks, revealing himself to be Stryke, a biologically reconstructed, powerful fighter. Realizing he's been set up, Iron Man uses his image reproducer to confuse Stryke so that he can escape. He heads back to the Nevada base, contacting the Champions on his way. Having allowed themselves to be captured, Black Widow's team breaks free and heads for Nevada. Iceman rescues Darkstar and puts her on life support in the Champscraft enroute. Iron Man finds MODOK at the AIM base, where he's funneling all the stolen energy into his Doomsday Chair to amplify his mental powers. Once-Humans attack and the arriving Champions defeat them. MODOK escapes, destroying the installation behind him, trapping Iron Man and the Champions. Iron Man then uses the remaining energy in the energy cradle to supercharge himself. He breaks free and charges after MODOK, only to accidentally appear to destroy him. Afterwards, Darkstar is brought to the hospital.
Appearing in "Death Lair!"Edit
- Midnight (First appearance)
- Unnamed thir accomplice
- Cable-throwing bazooka
Synopsis for "Death Lair!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- In this issue, the Black Widow makes a reference to her father carrying her on his shoulder when she was a little girl. This does not connect with later Marvel Comics continuity, as it was later determined that she was rescued as an infant and raised by Ivan Petrovich.
- Midnight appeared last in Special Marvel Edition #16. However, as explained in this story, this adventure takes place prior to Midnight's debut in that issue (1971).
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Iron Man (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Iron Man (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|