- With my gifts came responsibility. I must make a difference for the good, and pledge my work and my life to ensure the continuation of our democracy.
Appearing in "The Origin of Iron Man" Part 1
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Main story and flashback)
- The Mandarin (Arnold Brock) (Main story and flashback)
- M.O.D.O.K. (George Tarleton)
- Fin Fang Foom
- Dreadknight (Bram Velsing) (Main story and flashback)
- Blacklash (Mark Scarlotti)
- Grey Gargoyle (Paul Duval)
- Whirlwind (David Cannon)
- Blizzard (Donny Gill) (Main story and flashback)
- Living Laser (Arthur Parks)
- Walter Stark (Only in flashback) (Death)
- General Hirsch (Only in flashback)
- Justin Hammer (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Wellington Yinsen (Only in flashback)
- Twin Peak Pass
- Valley of Flame
- Sky Saucer
Synopsis for "The Origin of Iron Man" Part 1
Iron Man inspects a volcanic eruption alert from an early warning tower. As Iron Man goes into the volcano, the Mandarin uses his rings to summon Fin Fang Foom with his rings. The dragon agrees to help the Mandarin destroy Iron Man as long he gives the dragon a favor. Modok sends the sub-magma robot to cut off Iron Man's and destroy his communication satellite.
As Iron Man flies to IRVING for repairs, Fin Fang Foom attacks him, knocking him down to an ice cave. The Mandarin calls on his minions to find Iron Man. Back in his cave, Tony works on wielding his Iron Man armor and turns on the memory module to recall memories from his teenage years. War Machine suspects something is wrong with Tony and changes to War Machine to find him.
Hypnotia searches for life-forms and finds the frozen remains of an ancient woolly mammoth in Stark's cave. Tony continues watching his memory module and where he recalls his first encounter with the Mandarin. The armor computer tells him that the welding process has caused the ice cave to become unstable and chunks of ice fall from the ceiling.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss "The Origin of Iron Man" Part 1 on the forums
- Gallery for the Iron Man: The Animated Series series
Links and References