The neurokinetic Armor was given by Kang the Conqueror to his younger self. But instead of following in his footsteps, the teenage Nate took the armor and stole Kang's Time Chair to travel into the past and enlist the aid of the Avengers. With the Avengers disbanded, Nate downloaded the Vision's operating system including the Avengers Fail-Safe Program into his armor. Taking on the guise of Iron Lad, he used these plans to assemble a new team of "Young Avengers."
Not long after their first mission, the Young Avengers were attacked by Kang the Conqueror. To prevent Kang from tracking him, Iron Lad removed his Neurokinetic armor and the Vision's operating system causes the armor to become a sentient being. When Iron Lad returned to his own time period, he left the armor behind with the Vision's operating system activated.
Although one of Iron Lad's armor-suits became the Young Avenger Vision, Nathaniel appears to have constructed or received new neurokinetic armor.
- Enhanced Strength: Gives Iron Lad the ability to lift 5 tons.
- Durability: The armor has a built in force-field that extends from 2 feet away from his body, outward to 20 feet in all directions. It can withstand even a nuclear strike at point blank range.
- Video Communicator: Built into the right wrist is a video communicator, which he can use to stay in contact with his bases from any point in the time-stream.
- Time Travel: Iron Lad's armor can create temporal divergences, giving him the ability to travel through and manipulate time.
- Concussive Bolts: Iron Lad can fire concussive blasts from the finger tips of his gauntlets; these blasts have the force of several tons of dynamite.
- Neurokinetic interface: As Iron Lad, he uses a neurokinetic armor apparently designed by his future self. This armor responds to its wearers thoughts and emotions almost instantaneously. It is capable of forming various weapons somewhat similar to that of Iron Man as well as being able to alter its appearance and shape. For example, it might manifest spikes if someone tried to grab it.
- Flight: The armor allows Iron Lad to hover above the ground or fly and tramendous speeds, with complete control of gravity around him.
- Energy Blasts: Expel destructive energy blasts, magnetic rays, fire-extinguishing foam and is capable of suspending matter in mid-air
- Project holographic images masking Iron Lad's true appearance
- Download/upload massive amounts of data with its complex hard drive
- Override security systems
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- 22 Appearances of Iron Lad Armor
- Minor Appearances of Iron Lad Armor
- 2 Media Iron Lad Armor was Mentioned in
- 17 Images featuring Iron Lad Armor
- Item Gallery: Iron Lad Armor