Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- My point is -- in Norman Osborn -- we don't have a bunch of dropouts and failures calling the shots. We've actually got a real, dyed-in-the-wool, mustache-twirling looney-toon running the show.
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "World's Most Wanted (Part I) - Shipbreaking"Edit
- Victoria Hand (First appearance)
- Nick Fury (In a photograph only)
- Agent Christopher Walsh (First appearance)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Mentioned)
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Mentioned)
- Ronin (Clint Barton) (Mentioned)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Mentioned)
- New York City
- Funtime, Inc. Facility
Synopsis for "World's Most Wanted (Part I) - Shipbreaking"Edit
With S.H.I.E.L.D. having been supplanted by H.A.M.M.E.R., many of their former operatives are being forced to leave, including Maria Hill. Those agents who have elected to remain with the new group are not upset to see her go.
At a H.A.M.M.E.R. Shipbreaking facility in Chelsea Piers, Iron Man arrives to help the workers clean up the site. The labor proves difficult however, as Tony is having trouble adjusting to operating his suit without the benefit of the Extremis enhancile. A critical misjudgment drops him into the water, and it becomes clear that the other workers do not want him around.
Tony returns to Stark Industries and begins working on Pepper Potts' upgrades. The improvements to the Repulsomagnetic technology in her chest implant are also increasing her strength capabilities as well as her intelligence. Pepper asks him if he's trying to transform her into his dream girl.
Afterward, Tony goes to see Norman Osborn for his exit interview. Osborn calls him a traitorous scum and demands to know where and how he can access the Superhuman Registration Database. Tony grows immediately concerned and reminds Norman that the Database is not his personal File-o-Fax that he can browse at his leisure. Before leaving, Tony hacks into H.A.M.M.E.R.'s systems to make sure that Osborn could never access the database. The only name that would appear on the screen was "Iron Man: Tony Stark."
Tony goes to Funtime, Inc., one of his subsidiaries, where he meets with Maria and Pepper. He tells them about his visit with Osborn and punctuates the conversation with his assessment that Osborn is a full-blown looney. They have to get rid of all existing copies of the Superhuman Registration database before Osborn can get his hands on it. Pepper and Maria ask him where the other database is located and Tony reveals that he is the database.
- This issue shipped on December 17th, 2008.
- Issue shipped with an alternate cover illustrated by Bill Sienkiewicz.
- This issue is reprinted in Invincible Iron Man: World's Most Wanted Part 1.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Invincible Iron Man series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Invincible Iron Man series index at the Grand Comics Database
|Like this? Let us know!|