Appearing in "The Future Part 3: Swarm"Edit
- Ezekiel Stane
- Blizzard (Jim)
- Iron Man Armor Model 39
- Iron Man Armor Mark 1616
- Iron Man Armor Model 40 (First appearance)
- Mandarin's Rings
- R.T. node
Synopsis for "The Future Part 3: Swarm"Edit
The Good Morning Seattle weather cams pick up Rescue chasing Iron Man through the city.
Tony Stark has completed three titanomechs, and confident in Stark's work, the Mandarin takes off three rings; Spin, Remaker and Lightning, placing them in the mechs. Stark now openly criticizes him for the delay in building materials for the remaining seven mechs, the Mandarin already seems out of it, unaccustomed to not being near all the rings.
Resilient releases the Swarm to the world, even Tony sees it from his monitor station. Iron Man finally tries to defend himself against Rescue; despite J.A.R.V.I.S. trying to encourage her to break off the chase, she manages to rip a boot off his suit - and, seeing the black skin of the foot underneath, she begins to suspect Rhodey isn't dead after all.
Tony monitors the Mandarin communicating with the titanomechs. Zeke causes a security cam failure in the mess hall, giving Tony a private minute to pep talk the hired villains into rising up against the Mandarin, before he lays waste to everything.
Pepper discusses her thoughts with Wyche, saying it's not unlike Tony to keep everyone on a need-to-know basis like that. But when they confront J.A.R.V.I.S. about it, it warns them against asking more questions, and moves to defend itself.
Blizzard has listened to Tony's call, and comes to the lab to offer his help, though he does not have his weapons. He is surprised to see Zeke is mentally alert. From behind a new suit he's been building, Tony welcomes him on board.
- A new type of Iron Man armor has yet to be named soon after this comic's release.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade Invincible Iron Man: The Future.
- • What does THE FUTURE hold for TONY STARK?
• What is the stunning truth behind the Mandarin’s mission?
• How can our heroes stop the Mandarin’s plans?
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 523 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Invincible Iron Man series
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|