Indra is one of the old Vedic Gods in the pantheon of deities from India.
In recent years, he clashed with Thor who came to Nirvana for a portion of the life-energies to restore the Asgardians to life after confronting the Celestials. Indra, posing as the greater deity Shiva, would not offer him the energies at first, but relented upon realizing the passion of Thor's mission.
He later joined with Thor and a number of gods against Demogorge.
Indra possesses the conventional attributes of the Hindu gods including superhuman strength, stamina, resistance to harm and longevity; he is not immortal like the Gods of Olympus. He is considerably stronger than any other Hindu god and can tap into and control the power of storms, including the ability to throw lightning bolts.
Indra possesses Class 100 level strength enabling him to lift (press) well over a hundred tons under optimal conditions.
Indra carries a vajra, a curved sword resembling a lightning bolt.
- The general populace of Earth is unaware of Indra except as a mythological character.
- Marvel Comics received criticism from Hindu readers for allowing Shiva to be beaten by Thor in Thor #301, so later stories retconned Thor's opponent from that issue as Indra, a lesser deity more on Thor's relative power level.
- 3 Appearances of Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Media Indra (Deity) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Indra (Deity) (Earth-616)
- Hindu Gods
- Indra at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|