Appearing in "Sons of Wrath"Edit
- Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross)
- Black Panther
- Amadeus Cho
- Beast (Hank McCoy)
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- War Machine (Jim Rhodes)
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Photon (Monica Rambeau)
- Fantastic Four
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Rebecca Banner (Recap)
- Caiera the Oldstrong (Recap)
- Brian Banner (Recap)
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (Recap)
- Daken (Recap)
- General Axeman Bone (Recap)
Races and Species:
- Brood-Sakaaran Hybrids (Recap)
- Washington, D.C.
- New York
- Ohio (Recap)
- Dayton (Recap)
- Banner home
- Dayton (Recap)
- Gilmer County
- Sakaar (Recap)
Synopsis for "Sons of Wrath"Edit
A brief flashback shows young Banner being attacked by his father. In the present, Hulk has resurfaced. A recording, made by Banner two weeks previously, is played, advising everyone to keep clear if Skaar is to kill Hulk. Skaar then engages Hulk. When his sword simply bounces off Hulk's chest, Skaar taps into Earth`s tectonic plates, absorbing kinetic energy with his Old Power, giving him the power to punch Hulk all the way to West Virginia. But Hulk begins to fight now, pummeling Skaar, even in his stone form. Hulk admits that he could simply kill him, but is not interested in fighting.
Tossed aside, Skaar remarks that Caiera said Hulk was good but did not know that meant weak, revealing to Hulk that his Caiera was alive in Sakaar's stones until he fed it to Galactus. Hulk feels hard thumps in his heart, remembering his time on Sakaar with Caiera. That, combined with the trauma Banner suffered under his father was enough to make him punch Skaar straight into space. He then leaps high into the sky and grapples his son as he is falling back to Earth. They fight through the ocean, before ending up in Maryland. Betty, as Red She-Hulk, joins the fight, attempting to save her husband from his son. But Skaar simply punches her into the side of a building, causing it to shudder. Remembering how helpless Banner was to save his mother, Hulk lets out a huge thunderclap, sending the sands were they were fighting to stabilize everyone's fall from the building. Skaar was astounded that his father saw people in danger, while he didn`t, before receiving a beat down by the Hulk.
Beaten, Skaar admits that he is not fighting Hulk, because he is not the monster Banner said he was. He then transforms back into child form. Feeling regret Hulk returns to Banner and embraces his son.
Appearing in "Act III: Slave To Memory"Edit
- General Axeman Bone (Enslaved)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Act III: Slave To Memory"Edit
Hiro-Kala gives the Old Power to the K'aitian Worldmind to prevent K'ai from falling apart. He then gains the powers and memories of the K'aitian Worldmind and experiences the memories of his father, the Hulk. He learned that they shared something in common: lost love. Hiro-Kala then sets out to restore K'ai, regaining the trust of his subjects.
However, Axeman Bone refuses to yield. But Hiro-Kala reshapes his ax into chains to bound him so that he would serve as a reminder of what Hiro-Kala had lost. He then speaks to the people of K'ai, stating that he is nothing like his father, who brought the light of hope. So, out of darkness, he will be their Dark Son.
Sons of Wrath
- This story recaps some of the abuse that Bruce Banner experience by his father. This is a retelling of the events in Incredible Hulk #312.
- In his recording, Banner states that he will transform into the Worldbreaker version of the Hulk. This is the incarnation that was seen from World War Hulk #1-5.
- The death of Caiera Oldstrong is mentioned in this story, she died in Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #105.
- This story also recaps Skaar's trials on the planet Sakaar. These events were originally told in Skaar: Son of Hulk #1-10.
- Skaar recounts the training he underwent when he was on Earth. This was chronicled from Incredible Hulk #601-605.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- Bruce Banner
- THE HULK HAS RETURNED. And three years of epic storytelling explodes as GREK PAK and PAUL PELLETIER bring you the biggest conclusion imaginable--SKAAR, SON OF HULK, finally confronts the father who abandoned him at birth in pain and fire. It's the heartrending, senses-shattering climax to WORLD WAR HULKS--and the Incredible Hulks will never be the same!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|