Appearing in "Sleepwalker!"Edit
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) (In an illusion or vision)
- Groot the Toad
- S.H.I.E.L.D. agents
- Sub-Mariner (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Ronnie (a partier) (Only Appearance)
Synopsis for "Sleepwalker!"Edit
Nightmare (Earth-616) breaks the Fourth Wall and addresses the reader directly. He introduces himself and assures the reader that is present in everybody's dreams. He goes on to describe his hatred for Doctor Strange. It is because of Strange that Nightmare can never physically access the waking world. In response, Nightmare enjoys tormenting Strange by striking out at the sorcerer's allies. Recently, he has focused his attention on the Hulk. By plaguing the Hulk with terrible nightmares, he came to realize that he has actually been creating a psychological rift in the Hulk's subconscious. Whereas once the mind of Bruce Banner maintained control over the Hulk, now the monster has reverted to a state of nearly total savagery.
The Hulk meanwhile, continues to plod his way across the countryside in search of Doctor Strange. Due to Nightmare's manipulation, the Hulk believes that Doctor Strange will be able to help him. He terrorizes a neighborhood pool party and willfully attacks the partier without provocation.
Gabe Jones and Kate Waynesboro learn of the incident and pilot a S.H.I.E.L.D. Hoverflier to the scene. Kate provides Jones with a Gamma Gun, but the weapon proves useless against the Hulk. Jones smashes the device across the Hulk's face, but the Hulk responds by sending him sprawling across the ground. Kate tries to calm the Hulk down, and for a brief moment, he transforms back into Bruce Banner. He quickly reverts back into the Hulk though, and smacks Kate to the ground with the back of his hand.
The Hulk ignores everything else around him and concentrates on finding Doctor Strange.
- No special notes.
- The Hulk, Doctor Strange, Sub-Mariner and Valkyrie were once all members of the Defenders. This incarnation of the Defenders disbanded in Defenders (Volume 1) #125, and were replaced with a team consisting of Angel (Warren Worthington III), Beast (Hank McCoy), Gargoyle (Isaac Christians), Iceman (Robert Drake), Moondragon, and the Valkyrie (Brunnhilde).
- Nightmare is one of only a handful of characters who possess the ability to break the "Fourth Wall". Another character with this ability is She-Hulk.
- One character says "Lord, save me, and I'll never cheat on my wife again!". In the Portuguese translation, this text was replaced with "Help! Somebody help me!".
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Gabe Jones chronology page
- Kate Waynesboro chronology page
- Nightmare chronology page
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Defenders (Volume 1)
- Defenders (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|