- Curse you for the coward you are! No, you will not die, Abomination! You will live! Live to suffer torments unending!
- -- M.O.D.O.K.
Appearing in "Anyone Out There Know How to Cure a Case of... Yellow Fever?!"Edit
Synopsis for "Anyone Out There Know How to Cure a Case of... Yellow Fever?!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
At Project Earthfall, M.O.D.O.K. tortures the Abomination as General Ross watches nearby. Ross agreed to help M.O.D.O.K. free the Abomination so that the super-villain could use him as an instrument against his former creators, A.I.M. In exchange, M.O.D.O.K. has agreed to send the Abomination out to destroy the Hulk first. Unfortunately for both of them, the Hulk beat the Abomination so badly during their last encounter, that the green gargantuan is nothing more than a quivering mass of cowardice.
Elsewhere, the Hulk goes to the dentist. Dr. Bates takes a scraping from one of the Hulk's molars for examination. The Hulk doesn't realize that Dr. Bates is actually an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and has been working in collusion with Kate Waynesboro. Banner's Recordasphere overhears a private conversation between Waynesboro and Bates and grows concerned. Partially sentient, it has developed great affection for Bruce Banner and now views Waynesboro as a threat.
In an effort to safeguard Banner, the Recordasphere sabotages Waynesboro's car. The vehicle caroms off the side of the road, and Banner is forced to change into the Hulk to save her life.
Back at Project Earthfall, M.O.D.O.K. runs the Abomination through a dangerous obstacle course in the hopes of bolstering the creature's bravado. When this tactic fails, M.O.D.O.K. turns his mental ray blasts against the Abomination. He tells him that he will destroy the Hulk or else he will cause him more pain than he has ever dared dream.
- Bruce Banner now has control of the Hulk and its transformations since a series of bombardments of gamma radiation between Incredible Hulk #269-272. He retains this ability until Incredible Hulk #296.
- This story references the last time the Abomination was defeated by the Hulk. This happened in Incredible Hulk #270.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- This is the first issue of the series to feature Marvel's new cover format. The "Marvel Comics Group" banner, which previously appeared across the top of the cover has been removed.
- James Shooter is credited as "MODOK" in this issue.
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Abomination chronology page
- General Ross chronology page
- M.O.D.O.K. chronology page
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Defenders (Volume 1)
- Defenders (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
|Like this? Let us know!|