- Lead me to the Hulk... now! The Rhino'll make mincemeat out of 'im!!
- -- Rhino
Appearing in "The Rhino Says No!"Edit
- Evil Inhumans
- Mandarin (Only in flashback)
- Maximus (Only in flashback)
- Sandman (Only in flashback)
- Space Parasite (Only in flashback)
- Sub-Mariner (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Rhino Says No!"Edit
Continued from last issue... When news about Bruce Banner's impending marriage to Betty Ross, the Leader vows to use the event to attack his foe and destroy him once and for all. Tracking Banner down to where he and Better are out for a boat ride, the Leader contemplates destroying Banner with a missile, but then decides that he will not kill his foe in such a manner because it would not be fitting of his desire for his revenge. The Leader then decides to use one of the Hulk's old foes to destroy his hated enemy. After thinking over the most likely candidate, the Leader decides to select the Rhino -- who has been believed dead since his last encounter with the Hulk, but has actually survived and spent his time in coma under hospital care.
As General Ross invites Betty and Bruce over to give them his blessings and tells them they can have their wedding at the Generals own home, the Leader sends his Super-Humanoid to collect the Rhino's unconscious body. With no challenging opposition, the Super-Humanoid succeeds and brings the Rhino to the Leader's secret lab, where the mastermind uses his advanced technology to revive the Rhino and recreate his Rhino suit and amplifies the Rhino's strength.
After the Rhino destroys the Super-Humanoid as a test, he dispatches the Rhino to do his bidding. During the wedding of Bruce Banner and Betty Ross, the Leader arrives with a gamma ray device disguised as a fuel truck and uses it to fire a beam of gamma radiation into General Ross' home. This causes Bruce to transform into the Hulk, who has reverted back to his normal brutish persona.
Confused as to why he is surrounded by people he believes to be his enemies, the Hulk smashes the home and is instantly attacked by the Rhino. As the house collapses General Ross is injured, and the Leader attempts to take a shot at the Hulk with his weapon and hits the Rhino instead. Furious at being hit, the Rhino charges at the Leader, who ties to escape in an escape ship. The Rhino grabs the vessel and as it flies off into the sky it suddenly explodes seemingly killing them both.
The Hulk departs the scene as paramedics show up to take General Ross into hospital care. Glenn Talbot tries to comfort Betty by telling her that he will see to it personally that the Hulk will be destroyed.
- The Hulk fought Maximus in Incredible Hulk Special #1.
- The Rhino appeared last in Incredible Hulk #104.
- The Hulk fought the Sandman in Incredible Hulk #113-114.
- The Hulk fought the Space Parasite in Incredible Hulk #103.
- This issue contains a letters page, Green Skin's Grab Bag. Letters are published from Frank Campbell, Charles Steurer, Ken Richard Adams, Tim Head, Kenneth Kraft, and DAvid Handy.
- This issue contains one page of two 1/2 page cover reporductions of Sub-Mariner #22 and Sgt. Fury #74.
- Bruce Banner and Betty Ross married? The Rhino says No—and so does the revenge-crazed Leader! A milestone!
- This is Bruce and Betty's first attempt at getting married.
- The Leader reads about this California wedding as a front page article in a New York Newspaper, The Daily Bugle.
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Betty Ross Banner chronology page
- General Ross chronology page
- Glenn Talbot
- Leader chronology page
- Rhino chronology page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulk Vol 1 124 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Incredible Hulk series
- Images from Incredible Hulk Vol 1 124
- Fantastic Four (Volume 1)
- Fantastic Four (Volume 2)
- Fantastic Four (Volume 3)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
|Like this? Let us know!|