Appearing in "The Eve of... Annihilation"Edit
Synopsis for "The Eve of... Annihilation"Edit
To further deal with the Hulk, the Leader builds a super-humanoid to accompany the plaste-thene cage which traps the Hulk. While General Ross is content that the Hulk is dealt with, Betty ends up stumbling upon the Leader's latest plot: With the Hulk out of the way, he intends to take over Gamma Base and launch its nuclear warheads at targets in the east, hoping to spark World War III and annihilate the Earth, so that he may rule whoever survives.
Betty convinces Talbot to help her, and the two try to persuade General Ross of the danger, but he dismisses the story, seeing in it Betty's love for Banner and Talbot going along with it due to his own love for Betty. Deciding to take matters into their own hands, Glenn calls all the soldiers to arms, against the General's orders, to try and stop the Leader. However, the Leader is able to use his mental powers to put all the soldiers under his control. Giving Betty a device that makes her immune to his powers (feeling that she is not a threat), the Leader leaves he be so that he can initiate his plan.
Betty then uses the device that sealed Hulk in his prison to free the Hulk and convinces him to stop the Leader. However, the Hulk is forced to fight the Leader's Super-Humanoid, which distracts the Hulk long enough for the Leader to blast him with a weapon that traps him in a form fitting plaste-thene prison. With the Hulk once more subdued, the Leader pushes the launch button for the missiles.
- This issue contains a letters page, Green Skin's Grab Bag. Letters are published from Gerry McCarter, Albie Cantos, David Baitnott, George Bailey, Dennie Elder, Richard Phelps, and Kenneth Viguers.
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Betty Ross chronology page
- General Ross chronology page
- Glenn Talbot chronology page
- Leader chronology page
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Defenders (Volume 1)
- Defenders (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
|Like this? Let us know!|