Appearing in "Where Fall the Shifting Sands?"Edit
- Space-Warp Ship (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Where Fall the Shifting Sands?"Edit
Trapped in a ship that hasn't been conditioned to sustain human life, Bruce Banner is being slowly killed by the ship that is taking him back to Earth. However, he manages to calibrate the machines to expel Gamma radiation that turns Banner into the Hulk again so that he may survive the rest of the trip home.
While on Earth, the Sandman plots to steal a new experimental rocket from the Missile Base in the hopes that he can pilot it to the Negative Zone and reunite himself with Blastaar. Heading to the base, the Sandman witnesses the Hulk's ship landing on Earth. After the Hulk destroys the ship, the Sandman convinces the Hulk to attack the base, providing Sandman with the distraction he needs to steal the rocket he seeks. However, when Betty's life is put at risk when the Sandman almost crashes into her car, the Hulk intervenes and stops the Sandman.
As the Hulk battles the Sandman, General Ross begins to believe that the Hulk was trying to stop the Sandman when they attacked the Hulk on site. Hulk manages to defeat the Sandman who escapes and the Hulk flees the base as well, leaving Betty and the others to wonder what to do about the Hulk, and the Sandman vowing to destroy the Hulk for good.
- Trimpe is credited as Herby Trimpe.
- This issue contains a flashback to events that took place in Fantastic Four (Volume 1) #63.
- The Sandman appeared last in the first story in Marvel Super-Heroes #15. He appears again next issue.
- This issue contains a letters page, Green Skin's Grab Bag. Letters are published from Doug Snover, Anthony Beavers, Bruce Dravis, Sean Bryan, Henry De La Cruz, Rusell A. Tulp, Dennis & Bob, and Michael Lomabard.
- The Hulk mistakenly refers to Betty Ross as Betty Brant in this issue. Betty Brant is the secretary of J. Jonah Jameson and works at the Daily Bugle. At the time of publication, the Hulk has never even met Betty Brant.
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Betty Ross chronology page
- General Ross chronology page
- Glenn Talbot chronology page
- Sandman chronology page
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Defenders (Volume 1)
- Defenders (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
|Like this? Let us know!|