- Whole World is Against Me!
- -- The Hulk
Appearing in "Monster Triumphant"Edit
Synopsis for "Monster Triumphant"Edit
When trying to trap the Hulk in quicksand fails, the Mandarin manages to capture the Hulk in a glass dome and knock him out with gas, then fits him with a control device in order to use him as a pawn to attack Chinese interests in the hopes that the Chinese government would blame the United States and spark World War III, so that the super-powers in question would wipe each other out leaving the stage open for the Mandarin to take over.
Meanwhile, Nick Fury and Yuri Brevlov (with the help of Tony Stark) learn that the Mandarin is behind the Hulk's attack on Chinese weapons. Attacking the Mandarin at his base, Fury and Brevlov destroy the device that is controlling the Hulk. Furious, the Hulk bounds back to the Mandarin's castle and begins to attack all present. During the battle the Hulk causes the Mandarin's castle to fall apart, but Fury and Brevlov manage to escape.
With the Mandarin defeated, the Hulk walks away trying to sort out where he should go next.
- Nick Fury states that he and Yuri Brevlov fought against the Nazis during World War II. However, because of the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616, without an explanation as to how Brevlov managed to remain in his prime this is an impossibility. Marvel has yet to provide an explanation for Yuri's youth. Any explanation is speculative at best.
- All Cold War references in this story should be considered topical references per the Sliding Timescale, particularly the appearance of Mao Tse Tung as the ruler of China. Tung ruled China from 1945 until his death in 1976.
- This issue contains a letters page: Green Skin's Grab Bag. Letters are published from Jeff Webb, Thel Watson, Ronny Sol, Bill Phillips, Mark Squires, Bill Hedrick, Jim Robal, and Harvey Sobel.
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Iron Man chronology page
- Mandarin chronology page
- Nick Fury chronology page
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Defenders (Volume 1)
- Defenders (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
|Like this? Let us know!|