Professor Ilson was a scientist researching a way to stop the ill effects of aging; to do so, he first had to find a way to speed aging. His research was public: Fellow scientist Dr. Simon Mills was aware of it. Ilson eventually forfeited his project.
However, international terrorist General Miguel found that this research could produce a useful weapon. He arranged the kidnapping of Professor Ilson, which was violent. During the fight, Ilson managed to scrabble the letters "Migu" in a glass with his finger, to provide a hint. Ilson was then taken to Waterford Prison, Miguel's secret lair.
Miguel forced Ilson to provide him a weapon, threatening 250 people (possible the population of Belleville) if Ilson did not meet the deadlines. Ilson agreed to work, hoping for a rescue. He finally provided Miguel with the weapon, and waited in his cell.
Dr. Mills had started an investigation on Ilson's kidnapping, and recruited Captain America. Captain America found Miguel's lair and raided it, rescuing Mills. From the very first moment, Captain America assured Ilson that he, Cap, knew that Ilson had been working under duress.
- A proficient scientist who developed a chemical to speed aging; he was, however, unable to slow aging.
- In the 1979 movie Captain America II: Death Too Soon, Professor Ilson is played by actor Christopher Cary.
- 1 Appearances of Ian Ilson (Earth-600043)
- Minor Appearances of Ian Ilson (Earth-600043)
- Media Ian Ilson (Earth-600043) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Ian Ilson (Earth-600043)
- Quotations by or about Ian Ilson (Earth-600043)
- Character Gallery: Ian Ilson (Earth-600043)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|