Dr. Herman Frayne was the mastermind behind the plan to transform humans into amphibian like creatures which a dubbed as the "Hydro-Men." Herman Frayne who went by the alias Dr. Hydro. He was an ecologist who believed that man's only salvation was to adapt and live in the sea. The followers of Dr. Hydro built an artificial island off the Atlantic coast, and used a chemical mist which mutated them into green skinned scaly amphibians.
Dr. Hydro also used the chemical to hijack five airliners and to expose the passengers as well. Namor the Sub-Mariner came to the rescue of the humans and defeated the cult. Namor was unable to restore the humans to normal, so he requested help from Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic. Dr. Richard discovered through studying the green mist, that it had the same properties as the Terrigen Mists used by the Inhumans in their Rites of Passage. Dr. Richards with this knowledge was then able to cure all the converted humans.
- 6 Appearances of Herman Frayne (Earth-616)
- Media Herman Frayne (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Herman Frayne (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Herman Frayne (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Herman Frayne (Earth-616)
- Dr. Hydro at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|