Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Doctor Without Borders
Henry Hayes was a combat medic in the U.S. Army. He lost a leg in battle when a suicide bomber attack hit his Humvee in Kandahar or Gereshk. Henry was taken care of by the company Biotek who provided him with a composite fiber prosthesis. He then joined Doctors Without Borders.
Under the mind-control of JJ, an operator of Biotek,  he became a Deathlok, acting as an assassin, soldier, killer, fighter and operative. He participated in at least one armed conflict alongside organized troops and assassinated countless people even in populated areas. He was once close to being captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. during a mission that went bad in Russia. However, he was often memory-wiped so as not to remember his assignments.
While at MTA Metro-North station, he tried to engage in discussion with another leg amputee and advised him to contact Biotek, as his own plastic prosthesis forced the man to use crutches. The man then left, seemingly not pleased with the discussion.
Immediately afterward Henry met Seth Horne, an off-duty S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who was present when the eye of the Watcher exploded. This released a blast of energy which revealed deep secrets to anyone in its radius and Hayes' true story was revealed to Horne. Horne, a level four agent, wanted to congratulate him, stating that S.H.I.E.L.D. would wish to have him in their ranks.
As Hayes didn't really know what Horne was talking about, he threatened to call the authorities, forcing the agent to leave after a last congratulation. Immediately, Hayes was ordered to kill him as the announcement board of the station displayed the words "Whiskey David" which triggered Hayes' Deathlok persona.
After following Horne into the restroom, Deathlok quickly executed him, left, took some meds, and returned to his civilian life, heading to the train to join his daughter Aria.
|Power Grid |
|* Computer augmentations|
Thanks to the neuroprosthetic bionic implants:
- Superhuman physical abilities
- Computer-enhanced senses and reflexes
Guns and rifles linked to his arms. Sniper rifle. Improvised weapons. Gun with silencer.
- According to Tom Brevoort, the Deathlok Vol. 5 series was indeed planned in reaction to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. planning to implant their own version of Deathlok. Brevoort intended to use this opportunity to bring back Michael Collins, but the concept changed, ending up with Henry Hayes, who is indeed close in some aspects from Michael Peterson.
- 30 Appearances of Henry Hayes (Earth-616)
- Media Henry Hayes (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 18 Images featuring Henry Hayes (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Henry Hayes (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Henry Hayes (Earth-616)
- Characters killed by Deathlok
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|