Virtually nothing was known of the past of the man known only as the Healer before he joined the underground community of mutants known as the Morlocks who lived in "The Alley", a huge tunnel located beneath Manhattan.
The Healer was amongst the few Morlocks that managed to escape the massacre of their community by the superhuman team of assassins known as the Marauders. The Healer was dispatched to Muir Island, home of the genetic research station run by Moira MacTaggert, to tend to the wounded survivors of the massacre.
Later, the Healer sought out the Morlocks' former leader, Callisto, to enlist her aid in resuming leadership of the Morlocks following the death of the usurper, Masque. Rejecting the Healer's request, Callisto was attacked by the Morlocks and both she and the Healer were injured in the battle. Seeking refuge with the superhuman mutant adventurers known as the X-Men, the Healer gave the final measure of his power to heal Callisto, leaving him a lifeless husk.
The Healer was a mutant possessed of the superhuman ability to tap into the specific gene that causes superhuman mutations, directing the mutagenic energy those cells produce into rapidly healing their owner's body from wounds or diseases. Healing particularly severe damage to another person's body caused the Healer great physical strain. His ability could not affect normal humans, only active mutants.
- The Healer was one of the Morlocks to appear in the X-Men TV series.
- The Healer made several appearances in the RPG/ fighting game, X-Men Legends, voiced by Edward Asner. He was featured as an ally to the Gene Nation leader, Marrow. He would also equip characters with certain items such as health or energy packs.
- 9 Appearances of Healer (Earth-616)
- Media Healer (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Healer (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Healer (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Healer (Earth-616)
- Healer (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Marvel Encyclopedia Volume 2: X-Men
|Like this? Let us know!|