James Hudson worked for the Am-Can Oil Corporation and developed the Groundhog Armor to help search for oil deposits underground. However, after hearing it was intended to be used as a weapon by Am-Can Oil and specifically his boss Jerome Jaxon, he resigned. Secretly he left with the suit's helmet, making the suit unusable. A young secretary named Heather followed him, explaining that she agreed with his decisions and that they could seek help from the Canadian government. They admitted they both had developed a strong attraction to each other and soon married. )
In order to avoid prosecution for his actions, James made arrangements with the Canadian Parliament. The Minister of Defence assigned James to head up the Ministry's research and development program known as Department H. Using the suit he formed a team of heroes known as Alpha Flight) and took the codename of Weapon Alpha (and later Vindicator, and later Guardian).
James was later fused with the suit, becoming a cyborg but gaining all its powers himself.
- Supersonic flight
- The ability to let gravity propel the suit westward at a high speed. The visual effect is easily confused with teleportation and/or cloaking. It is most effective when used close to Earth's magnetic poles.
- Body armor
- Protective force field which automatically triggers if the gravity ability is used
- Concussive electromagnetic beams. These were originally designed to bore through rock.
- Electromagnetism for 'dispersal beams', electrostatic charges and other effects
- Lift objects via a 'graviton beam'
- Limited ability to generate and control plasma, often in the form of a funnel or vortex
- Able to interface with computers
|On Earth-1610 Colonel John Wraith was a mutant-hating commando who was sanctioned by S.H.I.E.L.D. to head the barbaric Weapon X Project. He used the Vindicator battlesuit to hunt mutants. He later however started taking Banshee a drug that gave him powers and began to wear a slim line suit instead.||Ultimate X-Men Vol 1 94|
- Appearances of Guardian's Battle-suit
- Minor Appearances of Guardian's Battle-suit
- Media Guardian's Battle-suit was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Guardian's Battle-suit
- Item Gallery: Guardian's Battle-suit