After the flying broomstick, Green Goblin then soon re-designed this device into an improved version that he called his "goblin glider", capable of great maneuverability and speeds of up to 90 miles per hour. It was capable of supporting about 400 lbs including Norman's weight (and far more for very brief periods of time). Top speed and a full normal load would exhaust the fuel supply in about one hour. The main microprocessor assisted manual controls were behind the head of the glider, and later modifications added voice-activated radio-linked controls integrated into the Green Goblin's mask. The goblin glider was steered primarily, however, by the weight and attitude of its rider. The Green Goblin's boots locked into the stirrups of the glider electromagnetically. When his Green Goblin memories returned, Norman Osborn found the glider in one of his old safe houses, and for Spider-Man in full costume. After a brief battle across the city, the Goblin escaped on his glider, believing Spider-Man dead.
During their next fight, Spider-Man wrapped his legs tightly around the Goblin's neck, steering the Goblin's glider to the hospital where Harry was lying in a bed: realizing his son's condition caused the Green Goblin to return to his Norman Osborn identity and pass out. Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) used the glider to kidnap Gwen Stacy and take her on top of the George Washington Bridge, where she died.
After destroying the building in Brooklyn used as his hideout, Hobgoblin escaped on his glider, carrying with him his protege Adam Wright. The glider was later destroyed by Ghost Rider when he was confronted by the Hobgoblin.
Glider used by the Hobgoblin designed to look like a bat.
The Gobbler Glider was originally used by Norman Osbird, the original Green Gobbler. It was later taken for a joyride by Osbird's young son Normie who was being babysit by Peter Porker at the time. Porker, using his Spider-Ham identity, went after the kid and successfully took him home with mommy completely unaware of anything.
- The Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
- The Green Goblin II (Harry Osborn)
- The Green Goblin III (Bart Hamilton)
- The Grey Goblin (Gabriel Stacy)
- The Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley)
- The Hobgoblin II (Lefty Donovan)
- The Hobgoblin III (Ned Leeds)
- The Hobgoblin IV (Jason Macendale)
- The Hobgoblin V (Philip Urich)
- In Earth-12041, the glider was created by S.H.I.E.L.D. instead of Oscorp.
- No trivia.
- Goblin Glider's Appearances
- Goblin Glider's Minor Appearances
- Media Goblin Glider Mentions
- Vehicle Gallery: Goblin Glider
- Images that include Goblin Glider
Links and References