Cancer is a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body, or "Genetic damage causing out-of-control replication in cells". This disease can be caused by carcinogen materials.
Every known sentient race in universe has had a version of of this disease. The level of success of curing it has varied from planet to plant. It also known as the "inner decay" to the Titanians and the "blackend" to the Kree.
- Please find here the list of people affected by Leukemia.
- Foggy Nelson was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma, a type of cancer which formed in his hip. As chemotherapy was extremely expensive and painful, Hank Pym treated him with Pym Particles.
- Please find here the list of people affected by Ewing's sarcoma.
- Jane Foster was diagnosed with breast cancer. On Asgardia, she refused magical treatments and While she was in perfect health while empowered Mjolnir, the chemotherapy was removed from her system when she returned to normal.
- Please find here the list of people affected by breast cancer.
- Please find here the list of people affected by stomach cancer.
- Captain Mar-Vell was exposed to nerve gas stolen by Nitro. He was able to seal it, but the gas was also carcinogenic and caused cancer cells to develop overtime. After a long search for a cure for the Blackend, he was unsuccessful and succumbed to the disease.
Rick Jones appealed to scientific heroes to find a cure for Mar-Vell's cancer, they found themselves uncomfortably realizing they could have made this kind of effort beforehand for others. The superheroes do manage to develop a tunic that slew down Mar-Vell's cancer by 20%.
- Norman Osborn revealed that he had the cure for cancer, but decided to use it against Deadpool.
- The technologically advanced nation of Wakanda has the cure for cancer. One of the members of the Wakandan counsel stated "If they care about their people's health they wouldn't sell cigarettes".
- The Quiet Man allegedly found a cure to cancer, but destroyed it, having decided there were too many people in the world ("and why should they be happier than me?").
- On Earth-600123, the mutant Prodigy used Elixir powers to heal to cure every disease including AIDS and cancer (Elixir died during the medical procedure that harvested the tissue from his body needed for the cures).
A few scientists have used Pym Particles to destroy tumor and cancer cells:
- Reed Richards has been often asked why he has not found a cure for cancer. But when Willie Lumpkin was diagnosed with the disease they shrink down using Pym Particles to help destroy the tumor.
- Hank Pym used Pym Particles to help destroy cancer cells on Foggy Nelson.
Attempts and theories
- Spider-Man stated Sauron that if he was "smart enough to rewrite people's DNA and turn them into dinosaurs, he could use the same technology to cure cancer" (Sauron replied he didn't want to cure cancer, but only "turn people into dinosaurs").
- Dr. Jacob Erskine (grandson to Dr. Abraham Erskine) tried to use the Super-Soldier Serum to cure cancer.
- Senator Morton Clegstead started the funding for Project Greenskin, also known as the Hulkbusters. He thought to use the Hulk's Gamma Irradiated blood to cure his cancer, a sort of extremely aggressive radiation therapy. Unfortunately, the results were less than satisfactory as Morton became a monster, a massive mass of cancer cells.
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men Vol 2 #8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Marvel Graphic Novel #1
- ↑ Daredevil Vol 3 #22
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Daredevil Vol 4 #5
- ↑ Thor: God of Thunder #12
- ↑ Thor: God of Thunder #24
- ↑ Thor Vol 4 #2
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Thor Vol 4 #8
- ↑ Captain Marvel #34
- ↑ Deadpool #-1
- ↑ Deadpool Vol 2 #12
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 4 #3
- ↑ Fantastic Four #642
- ↑ New X-Men Vol 2 #10
- ↑ Fantastic Four #606
- ↑ Spider-Man and the X-Men #1
- ↑ Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #1
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #151
[top] [Edit Cancer]