Hugo Longride also hired a talent scout named Alexander Flynn to find mutant to join the Gladiators. Flynn brought in several powerful mutants to the arena including Dazzler and the Beast. Eventually Hugo and Flynn came into conflict over the management of the troupe and many of the Gladiators, who were being controlled by Flynn's own mutant powers, killed Hugo in the arena in front of hundreds of spectators.
Now fully in control of the Gladiators, Flynn wanted to use them as his personal army to invade and conquer the small European nation of Latveria, which was ruled over by his supposed father, Doctor Doom. However, Flynn was defeated before he could set his plan into motion and lost control of the troupe to one of the Gladiators, Max Rocker.
A short time later the powerful telepath known as the Shadow King had taken control over another mutant named Karma and together they took over the running of the Gladiators and the Underground Mutant Theatre. Also the Shadow King was masquerading as Alexander Flynn during this time period.
The subsequent fate of the troupe has yet to be recorded.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- The Los Angeles Underground Mutant Theatre of which the Gladiators are the star draw is probably either a competitor or predecessor to the network of superhuman fight arenas Storm encountered many years later.
- No trivia.
- 18 Gladiators (Earth-616) Members
- 10 Appearances of Gladiators (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Gladiators (Earth-616)
- Media Gladiators (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images that include Gladiators (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Gladiators (Earth-616)
Rayeye's Ocean X (NL)